·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I know! Go Big Ten!

Reactions: Jk7.2

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
After what I just saw on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, I take that back. That's a shame what the city officials let the owners of Little Caesar's Pizza do to the city of Detroit. Are you Michigan fellas Red Wings and Pistons fans?

·
Registered
551 Posts
After what I just saw on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, I take that back. That's a shame what the city officials let the owners of Little Caesar's Pizza do to the city of Detroit. Are you Michigan fellas Red Wings and Pistons fans?

Tigers fan here.

You should see what the Ford family has been doing to the Lions for decades.

But at least the Wings got yzerman back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Thanks! Um, btw it’s been 2 weeks since you’ve updated your thread.

I know, I know. Thanks for the reminder and motivation to get moving on it more. Believe it or not, I have been making progress on it, just nothing photo worthy. But since you called me out on it, I'll update it tonight with some pictures. Thanks for the motivation... again.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oh, so you fellas came to Ohio for the wood?

That mock up looks AWESOME!
What's funny is Canton, MI has over 90k people (I lived there over 10 years) but nobody heard of it before IKEA settled in and created one of the worst traffic interchanges in the state.

Anyway, really looking forward to hearing these!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Got my bracing cut. The other brace not here is a solid piece that makes up the rear wall of the htm box. So no openings in that one.
Dude you're too much. No one can keep up with you:) You mind sharing your technique for cutting those braces. They look like a lot of effort went into creating them.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Dude you're too much. No one can keep up with you:) You mind sharing your technique for cutting those braces. They look like a lot of effort went into creating them.

My technique isn’t very technical. Lol. I trace the woofer basket and magnet on the front of the brace, then make circle holes wherever they look right. Leaving enough material for the strength not to be lost, but enough air movement. I’ve been lately cutting the corner off for more breathing room, and also because the corners are the strongest area.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Don't sweat the technique!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
What is the measurement of the box for the HTM and what your plan for the sides since the baffle does cover the whole open area

Oh by the way looking awesome as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The box for the htm is 14.5 wide, 16 tall, and 5 deep. It’s very close to the original volume of the htm box.
I’m gonna send the baffles through the table saw and cut off the roundover. I have pieces to glue to the sides of the baffle to fill in the space.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Progress. Braces all fit fantastic. Here’s some progressive pics of how the guts of these cabs comes together.
Too awesome!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Too awesome!!!

Agreed! Nice progress Jk!

The box for the htm is 14.5 wide, 16 tall, and 5 deep. It’s very close to the original volume of the htm box.
I’m gonna send the baffles through the table saw and cut off the roundover. I have pieces to glue to the sides of the baffle to fill in the space.

Very impressed with the integration of the MBM and HTM!

Got my bracing cut. The other brace not here is a solid piece that makes up the rear wall of the htm box. So no openings in that one.

Nice job with the braces as usual. Are you using a hole saw?

61 - 80 of 282 Posts