AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JL Audio Fathom f110 prices / availability?

I will be buying a sub for ht and audio 50/50 in the next month or two and I have a few questions:

Is the f110 on the market now?

Any idea of a good price for one? How does it compare to its bigger brothers, the f112 and f113?

Thanks,

·
Registered
498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfromcanada /forum/post/12434983

also wondering if sound quality in the 30-60hz range will sound better, particularly on music

I guess basically I just want as much info on this thing as possible,

It does not extend as deep as the f112 or f113... 25 Hz is about the limit for the f110... not that this is bad for such a small sub, but stepping up to the f112 extends the LF down to 19 Hz.

F110: -3 dB at 25 Hz / 120 Hz

F112: -3 dB at 19 Hz / 150 Hz

F113: -3 dB at 18 Hz / 127 Hz

SQ in the 30-60 Hz "meat" of the sub-bass range should be very similar at normal listening levels... at very high levels, the bigger Fathoms have an advantage.

Above 80 Hz, the f110 is not quite as good as the f112 but similar to the f113. This only becomes important if your mains are limited to higher crossover points, but it bears mentioning.

I run dual f112's and I am in no way itching to upgrade any time soon.

Hope that helps,

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My dealer isn't even getting his first shipment until mid August- he didn't seem to have any real explanation from his source at JL about the delay...who knows, maybe rising fuel costs are even to blame
Of course YMMV, but that's the approxmate arrival date at my dealer. I am just curious how much performance can be derived out of that tiny little box...

·
Registered
250 Posts
JL has put these on hold for so long. Now the F212 and Gotham (dual F113) have what JL reps have called "upgraded drivers" that offer "lower distortion" and some other jazz. My question for the JL reps is: Does the F110 come with these improvements?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread57 /forum/post/14440881

JL has put these on hold for so long. Now the F212 and Gotham (dual F113) have what JL reps have called "upgraded drivers" that offer "lower distortion" and some other jazz. My question for the JL reps is: Does the F110 come with these improvements?

Mlsmith, I know you don't like to comment on products that have not been released yet, but I would really like to know the answer to wonderbread57's question too. This subwoofer was announced at CEDIA 06 and was originally expected to ship Feb 07. Since then, it's been delay after delay. Carl Kennedy's blog stated that the f110 would finally be out in July and now it's the middle of August. Can you please give us a realistic/legitimate ETA. If the f110 gets a high output version of the 10W7, the wait could be well worth it for those of us in the market for a small, high quality subwoofer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes, it has been delayed several times. I can assure you that the delays all had good reasons behind them and were necessary to ensure a high level of performance from the f110. We are awaiting a few parts right now and expect to begin shipping this model in early September. Availability will be limited at first as we ramp up production, but you can expect an ample supply worldwide by late October.

It is a phenomenal little subwoofer.

Best regards, and sorry for any inconvenience our delays may have caused.

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.