AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having read so many great reviews of the 113 I want to buy two for my HT setup. I would like to know why there are so many on Agon for sale. They won't let me post this question. Don

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
My guess now would be the economy. People went from living on easy street to barely getting by. Selling one for a couple grand might buy groceries or pay your mortgage for a month.

Everything I have read about them has been great. Based on their size only they have no rival.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I don't know the answer for sure, but I have a theory. The f113 is a beautiful, compact, yet beefy and powerful sub, but many of it's owners soon come to realize that there are some things it isn't really designed to do well. It isn't really designed to play very deep bass. Perhaps those who come to crave deep bass below 20hz start to look at other subs and wind up selling their Fathoms.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/16856610

My guess now would be the economy. People went from living on easy street to barely getting by. Selling one for a couple grand might buy groceries or pay your mortgage for a month.

Everything I have read about them has been great. Based on their size only they have no rival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/16856620

I don't know the answer for sure, but I have a theory. The f113 is a beautiful, compact, yet beefy and powerful sub, but many of it's owners soon come to realize that there are some things it isn't really designed to do well. It isn't really designed to play very deep bass. Perhaps those who come to crave deep bass below 20hz start to look at other subs and wind up selling their Fathoms.

Agreed on both counts, though the economy seems the more likely reason for so many Fathoms to appear on audiogon at this particular time.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/16856620

Taking the ads on Agon at face value, the subs are being sold for two reasons:

1 - Owner or dealer selling based on economic conditions

2 - Owner living in condo or apartment with neighbor problems.

I'm sure there are some upgraders looking for extreme low extension capability, but in a properly treated room, there should be plenty of low end output.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 /forum/post/16857241

SV Sound will be coming out with a Sealed Ultra 13 soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/16857297

Here we go again

Hahhaha It never ends eh....

Ultimately everyone is looking for the next best deal in SQ as well in the price bracket... SVS will also be releasing a 16" sealed sub.

I love my F112 which I will keep for years to come, JL makes top notch products, I have also gone DIY but I always like to know what is coming out down the line for quality offerings on the market.

I think its only reasonable that the OP knows that there are lots of different offerings to achieve excellent bass... Take your time do some reading and you can learn alot...

·
Registered
3,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma /forum/post/16857349

Do you really think anyone is selling a Fathom (or any other product) now in advance of SVS's new Sealed sub?

Somehow, I doubt that.

I'm not saying get the SVS over the 113 I just threw it out there. The f113 is a great sub. It's just out of my price range and many can agree. If I had the money, of course. The F113 does what many subs can not do. It's really amazing, so is the price. I also believe, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaudio /forum/post/16856528

After having read so many great reviews of the 113 I want to buy two for my HT setup. I would like to know why there are so many on Agon for sale. They won't let me post this question. Don

Any Chance you had some inclination towards building something yourself, if so one could truly build something equal or surpassing the F113. Or even build your own F113, probably not of the caliber or small size as the F113... but It can be achieved...

·
Registered
865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcjago /forum/post/16856868

I just listed my F112 on audiogon because I really can't turn it up loud living in a condo. If I had a house it would be a different story.

Noooo, Mike. Tell me it's not true.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcjago /forum/post/16859425

haha, I'm afraid so. The good news is I might test out some Salk Song Towers.

They are spectacular..... you will love them...

Nuance has brought his over to my house, and I have heard them at his.

They are great sounding as well as super nice looking as well, they RT's are great speakers buddy....

Also heard the HT2-TL's and they are even more incredible sounding

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.