AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'll try anyway:

I am about to build a new sub to have in my CAR and I can get good prices on drivers from JL Audios w3v3-series, but also on an Audiopulse Epic 10". Which is better in a sedan, but also for further usage? They will be used in a sealed box and I am biased between these two choice.

With JL I can get 10w3v3, 12w3v3 and 13 w3v3.

Which driver would you choose, which is better?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Because he is asking about drivers and this thread hasn't been moved yet I will say that I own a JL 10w3v2 in a pro/power? wedge in my sedan and it sounds really good. Because it's only a 10" it deffinately needs a little push on the lower end of the frequency by a couple dBs. I will tell you that whichever you choose I highly recommend getting a 12" Ultimately it will be a better all around sub having few cons over a 10" and many more pros.

Now as far as Audiopulse/TC-sounds, I have never heard one of their subs personally, but from reading all the positive feedback, outstanding reviews, great industry track record, and amazingly sexy drivers I was swayed enough to purchase a 12" Axe sight unseen and unheard for a home theater sub build I've started. I have not received it or completed the sealed box yet, but I know the specs are extremely similar to a TC-3000 (just without the Ti cone) which have received rave reviews and critical acclaim. My only fear is I will not be able to listen to it's full potential without buying a shack in Montana

Anyway unless you go for the 13" version of the JL w3V3 I would really be leaning toward the Epic 12" as long as you've got the amp to power them.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
In this case the choice is easy AudioPulse.

At the top end the choice is still AudioPulse(W7 VS LMS-Ultra).

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went with Audiopulse 10" Epic. I have 650 good watts to run it on. I don't much SPL so a 10" will do (I hope)... Mean looking driver on the photos at least. I will be using a small sealed enclosure. 0.53 ft3...

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/15470349

Nice to see you back Arthur....

Had a nice vacation I hope....

Thank you

Well I switched my efforts to helicopters and large scale RC.
I have purchased five Hirobo helis and a good few G's of parts for my RC's.

I will be back this summer with a MEGA project featuring EIGHT LMS-Ultra 18" drivers ,I am looking to buy four Crown iTech8000 power amps to power these brutes. This will be the Ultimate sealed project,two drivers per box. I have purchased a dolly to move larger cabinets,so the moving ~400lbs will not pose a great deal.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEAR /forum/post/15479923

Thank you

Well I switched my efforts to helicopters and large scale RC.
I have purchased five Hirobo helis and a good few G's of parts for my RC's.

I will be back this summer with a MEGA project featuring EIGHT LMS-Ultra 18" drivers ,I am looking to buy four Crown iTech8000 power amps to power these brutes. This will be the Ultimate sealed project,two drivers per box. I have purchased a dolly to move larger cabinets,so the moving ~400lbs will not pose a great deal.

Hmmmm I don't recall you getting your hands on 8 18" LMS's, but I look forward to your results my friend.

those counter rotational Hirobo's are pretty sweet... Hope your having fun with them...

·
Banned
2,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEAR /forum/post/15479923

I am looking to buy four Crown iTech8000 power amps to power these brutes.

i been told that Powersoft amplifier is better than I-Tech both for performance and reliability. the price seems to be comparable.

i was also told that in I-Tech the DSP cannot be bypassed while in Powersoft it can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.