AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think Joan of Arcadia looks a little grainy of D* CBS HD (channel 80)?

It looks really good (as compared to the regular channel) but still looks grainy to some extent. It's not as sharp and crisp as most of the stuff I've seen on HDNet and Discovery.

Do you think this was program specific, or will all programs have a certain degree of graniness on CBS on D*?

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Program specific.

Joan of Arcadia had bad production values up till approximatly the tenth episode.

Darius

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had never watched it before. I just assumed it was in it's natural progression. Are they starting the show from the beginning on Friday nights now?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I went back and forth between OTA and D*. Any grainy was on both feeds. I found that D* was slightly softer looking.

mark

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"Are they starting the show from the beginning on Friday nights now?"

No, but tonight was a repeat.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
As a devoted "Joan" watcher I can tell you that it is far from the best HD you'll find. Some weeks it's grainy, others it's incredibly soft. You'll especially notice it in the repeats, which were worse than the recent episodes. Last night's was a repeat, as it seems everything is on TV right now except for the "reality shows."

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I wonder if they added grain to some episodes. I thought Joan was done on video of some sort. I don't recall the details but I remember there was something different about it.

I really like the show.

- Tom

·
Registered
376 Posts
Love the show,but to me it is soft and somewhat dark.An artistic choice.I think this is a rare CBS show that is shot with HD cameras,not on film.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Strikes me that there are too many repeats on the "big" three networks right now. And, the networks don't understand why they are losing ground to the cable/satellite channels. If I'm going to watch reruns, I might as well go to USA or TNT and watch a rerun that I haven't seen ... or at least haven't seen in a couple of years. Watching a repeat of last month's show isn't very appealing. I wonder how you get one of the network programming jobs .... requires no skill, no knowledge, and no sense ... I'm perfectly qualified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.