1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I did also. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Totally cool! Can't wait for January. I'll definitely be getting DVE for WM9. (unless of course it's cost prohibitive)

I hope the Samsung front projector folks are sharing all of this learned knowledge with the rear projector folks.

Ken

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw Joe Kane demonstrate the Samsung DLP Projector at CEDIA. The WMA format was amazing. Even at a lower bit rate the material I saw was jaw dropping. Most of the clips came from the Microsoft website and a few from BMWfilms.com. He also had some of the material on his DVE on display. Most people could not believe they were seeing a WMA format displayed before them. Samsung has definately listened and their projectors will be a force to reckon with. Windows media player may just be the future for high definition content.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To whom:

You're quite welcome!

greg3278:

Thank you for relaying what you saw at CEDIA - much appreciated!

Warm regards,

=AirCeej=

·
Registered
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenLand
I hope the Samsung front projector folks are sharing all of this learned knowledge with the rear projector folks.
The FP engineers are the same ones who designed the Sammy DLP RPTV's. If Samsung is serious in the RPTV business, this knowledge might trickle down to their RPTV's.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Greetings,

Great article! I remember when Joe Kane Productions was approached by Samsung last year to consult on the development of a DLP Projector - the one in the review. I, myself, got very excited because I knew, after working with Joe Kane Productions for 4 months, that if Joe was involved it would be an awesome piece of home theater gear! Now that there is a product I haven't heard anyone shut up about it! Not that there is any reason too :) .

After hearing all of the good things concerning Microsoft's Windows Media 9 system; I can only kick myself for not being able to make the time when in Los Angeles in July to take Joe, Samsung, and Microsoft up on their offer to sit in for some testing of the system.

With the success of the DLP Front Projector designed by Joe and Samsung we can only hope that Samsung will continue to use Joe's services in developing other products such as rear projection DLP sets, DVD Players, ect...WHAT AN EXCITING TIME!

Regards,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just flipped after reading this article! This is great news for HD-DVD. I have to admit that I'm shocked Microsoft is moving into this market so aggressively but it seems that they are serious about the strategy with these partnerships. I can only hope that the WM9 format will be a recordable one as well...

And a Samsung WM9 compatible DVD player in development too? What a day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.