AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched Cedar Rapids (great movie btw) and John C. Reilly definitely steals the show in this one. He clearly is one of the most under-appreciated character actors around, and seems to fill a role that Bill Murray did 15years earlier.

Great stuff all around.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Boogie Nights, Chicago.....

He's not underappreciated at all. Anyone who knows him knows what a talent he is.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/0

I just watched Cedar Rapids (great movie btw) and John C. Reilly definitely steals the show in this one. He clearly is one of the most under-appreciated character actors around, and seems to fill a role that Bill Murray did 15years earlier.

Great stuff all around.

He's not bad but he's no Bill Murray

·
23,039 Posts
I like BM and JCR, but they're two different types of actors or have two different styles, IMO.

I great trio to watch from Paul Thomas Anderson with JCR would be "Hard Eight", "Boogie Nights", and "Magnolia". Reed RothChild is still my favorite JCR role.

larry

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
So I'm the only one who thinks Bill Murray is overrated as an actor then?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo /forum/post/20897644

So I'm the only one who thinks Bill Murray is overrated as an actor then?

Today he is, I don't think I can stand anything of his post-2000 or so. He is fantastic in Groundhog Day, Caddyshack, and Ghostbusters though.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirus23 /forum/post/20897845

he is fantastic in groundhog day, caddyshack, and ghostbusters though.

+1

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirus23 /forum/post/20897845

Today he is, I don't think I can stand anything of his post-2000 or so. He is fantastic in Groundhog Day, Caddyshack, and Ghostbusters though.

Zombieland cameo?

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Lost in Translation

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Lost in Translation is the highlight of Bill Murray's career .. and an early indication of the talent held by Scarlett Johansson ..

This film is all about acting and is an absolute superb example of Murray's ability .. why no Oscar was awarded to him is a travesty, IMO .. although the nomination was at least something ..

I am a thick skinned, hard edged male not easily swayed, and was moved by this film ..

I have been a fan of Murray since his first appearance on SNL ..

John C Reilly is no Bill Murray .. and will not likely ever be ..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.