1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathing." -- John Rambo

The introduction of this character in the movie "First Blood" was very different in tone from where the series went after that. This installment looks much more like "Rambo III" than "First Blood." It will just be an excuse for a bunch of graphic kills, if the sneak peek footage is representative.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wow, call me disappointed. Looks like a lot of killing and not much story. How much more graphic can you make it? Slicing a persons belly open wasn't enough, they had to show him shooting some guy into hamburger. Seems to over the top for me. With as bad as Stallone looks in the face, I say this flick is headed for B movie stardom.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think it looks great. My kind of movie.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just watched the preview.

I feel I just watched the entire movie.

I hope I'm wrong. This.... is a teaser?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The reel isn't supposed to be high on story. It's meant to be high on the killing count to attract investors who want action. This is wowing them at Cannes.

Remember, the public at large isn't mean to see this footage and the film is still shooting.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/0

This is wowing them at Cannes.

Given what else is wowing them at Cannes, I will discount any opinion from those yahoos.

·
Registered
29,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/0

Given what else is wowing them at Cannes, I will discount any opinion from those yahoos.

They're people who love movies and are intimately involved with producing them. Film is their life. Why, oh why would we, as movie lovers ourselves, pay any attention to the news from the world's most influential film festival?

Oh, I forgot. They don't all slavishly adhere to your political/social viewpoint. Guess that makes them "yahoos", all right.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
arch, they're not "yahoos" because they disagree with me; rather, they disagree with me because they're "yahoos."

But seriously, you seem to be making some assumption about my completely vague reference to "what else is wowing them at Cannes."

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
IMHO Sly is getting a little old for action pictures, no matter how many facelifts, belly lifts, hair dyes, or steroids he consumes.

arch, I gotta say that the films that get praised at Cannes have fooled me more than once. Now I understand that when it sounds like a good film and Cannes gives it an upcheck, it doesn't mean I won't want two hours of my life back afterwards.

Of course, anybody that goes to a film with "Rambo" in the title is not entitled to complain afterwards.

Gary

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
looks gruesome indeed

rated R likely. good

though we've become so used to violent movies, there's an inevitable crescendo.

but some adult stuff vs indigestion of CGI: i'm all for it. let's go back to basics: either movies with great inovative scripts (CHILDREN OF MEN, NE LE DIS A PERSONNE, even SUNSHINE) and some down to earth raw stuff like THE HUNTED or now RAMBO IV.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
THe juxtaposition of the prayer of St. Francis with brutal violence is interesting.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
When I say wowing them, I am talking about the distributors and buyers from all over the world who come to bid on movie rights.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy /forum/post/0

They're people who love movies and are intimately involved with producing them. Film is their life. Why, oh why would we, as movie lovers ourselves, pay any attention to the news from the world's most influential film festival?

Maybe those French are coming around after all. They recently showed some sense as a nation, and now their country's famed film festival selected a Palm d'Or winner that seems truly intriguing, if revolting. I won't get into it here, for the sake of the thread. BTW, that other movie that got so much buzz at Cannes has a trailer up...I watched it and will admit it looked humorous.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.