AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ritter passed away due to a heart problem, ( tear in the aorta ), whilee on the set of his new sitcom thursday. He was 54. I really liked him in that movie with the satelite dish that sucks him into it. And I used to watch 3s company re-runs when I was a kid. Not old enough to see them first run.

Also the country singer Johnny Cash died. Here is the link to J R story on MSN. http://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...px?news=133770

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah, that's too bad about John Ritter. I was even more bummed about Johnny Cash.

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
"What?" Those were my first words reading your post. I know many people didn't like John Ritter, but I wasn't one of them. A very good actor across the board in any style of entertainment. Thinking of Sling Blade as I write. Sad...I'll miss his comedic style.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
10 years ago my Dad died of a heart attack at age 52, so the news of John Ritter dying at age 54 really hit me hard. He seemed like a regular guy. At least he "went out" doing what he was born to do, making people laugh. RIP.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
RIP....me and my family loved his newest tv show..

brickie

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you didnt like him....thats okay. But if you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT THE F*** UP!!! Thats all.. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I really liked his new show '8 Simple Rules...' I think it would have gone on many seasons, it is really too bad. I've watched Three's Company on prime time when it first ran, in the 6-8pm time slot, and now recently on Nick at Night. I think I've seen every episode 5-10 times at least. TV needs people like him.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I also immediately thought of Sling Blade. People who only saw his silly sitcom stuff and haven't seen him in something like SB wouldn't really appreciate what he could do.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
everybody probably already knows this,but Lucille Ball was one of his biggest fans.Whenever they asked her who she thought carried on her tradition of physical comedy she always said JR.I too thought of SB-the potenial this man had...I have to admit I've never cared much for3 's Company,but thats not his fault-he always gave everything he had

·
Registered
703 Posts
I too immediately thought of Sling Blade. This truly showed off his acting potential. And is it just me, or did he still look like he was in his late 30's?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Talented comedians are often underrated, and John Ritter was certainly one of them. Many people will best remember him for his role as Jack Tripper, but his resume is quite impressive, stretching back to when he was a teenager.

My fondest recent memory was his appearance during the second season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, playing the funny (and evil) Ted Buchanan.

Thanks for all the memories John.

Howie

·
Registered
27,672 Posts
I liked him in 3's Company. All of his other stuff didn't do much for me.

His trips, falls, gaffs were certainly funny and well done. A precursor to Kramer (who certainly bested Mr. Ritter).

Too young to die. Makes you fell your own mortality.

BTW - bixlmalta, you are an *******!

·
Registered
925 Posts
bixlmalta< At least you have him going to heaven, but something tells me if you dont make out your own tombstone, those that know you, and are left with the task, will probably have something negative to say about you....He wasn`t the most popular comedain,but give a guy some respect on his dying day!:eek:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bixlmalta
Ritter sucked. he can bore god in heaven.
Bixlmalta,

I have been surfing this forum daily for over a year and that was the meanest, most depraved, insensitive comment I have ever seen posted. You must be an incredibly hateful person. I'll pray for you.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
He was also great in a little movie called Panic. It also stared William H. Macy and Donald Sutherland. A nice little sleeper.
Oh yeh, forgot about that one. There was a good thread on that one a year back or so. I liked it, and I thought he did a good job as the shrink.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TCB
Bixlmalta,

I have been surfing this forum daily for over a year and that was the meanest, most depraved, insensitive comment I have ever seen posted. You must be an incredibly hateful person. I'll pray for you.
Pretty crass, I'll agree, but some of the postings on the IRAQ CRISIS FORUM were worse, I believe.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.