AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Canon HF100 camcorder, and shot my first footage a couple of weeks ago. I copied the raw *.MTS files to my computer and everything appeared to be great, but now I'm finding only the first clip (0000.MTS) contains information on the clip. So, I'm not having much luck joining multiple AVCHD clips into a single file (preferably without recompressing).

I tried TSMUX which appeared to join the clips quickly and effortlessly, but anything I load the file into only shows the first 37 minutes or so (the length of the first 2 gig clip).

I've heard other programs, like TSSplitter introduces pauses between clips, which I don't want either.

What do you use to join your MTS (AVCHD) clips together for loading/converting into other programs?

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awatson /forum/post/14159678

I recently bought a Canon HF100 camcorder, and shot my first footage a couple of weeks ago. I copied the raw *.MTS files to my computer and everything appeared to be great, but now I'm finding only the first clip (0000.MTS) contains information on the clip. So, I'm not having much luck joining multiple AVCHD clips into a single file (preferably without recompressing).

I tried TSMUX which appeared to join the clips quickly and effortlessly, but anything I load the file into only shows the first 37 minutes or so (the length of the first 2 gig clip).

I've heard other programs, like TSSplitter introduces pauses between clips, which I don't want either.

What do you use to join your MTS (AVCHD) clips together for loading/converting into other programs?

Thanks,

Anthony

The supplied Pixela sw will join the clips togther. It may make them a slight bit bigger (turned 14.1Gb into 14.5), but it won't transcode them again.

Seggers

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemx2k /forum/post/14938992

awatson

I was using TSMuxer 1.8.8 with 19 .mts files ,

everything went well .

it's free and very useful software.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR?changelog=1074

Professional company like Sony , Pinacle should be shamed.

Well, you may just haved solved a little problem for me. I thought Pixela would join up clips into one file and that one file be good for use in UL MF6+ HD.

Nope, UL wanted to re-encode them. I've just muxed the files together and am running a test burn of a AVCHD file. So far so good. I'll be able to test out on the PS3 later.

Seggers

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bemx2k,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've downloaded the files and will give it a try the next time I film something.

Take care,

Anthony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts