AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After browsing this forum for a long time I have decided to take a plunge and get an LT150 before the stock runs out. I'll be visiting Santa Clara week after next and would want to pick one unit, based upon my last post it seems there is no shop around that area to buy this model ...

Any suggestions which might be the best site to buy this unit ... also the estimated price would help. I have seen a few posts about the value of web orders and also seen a few on horror stories about the same, wonder if someone could recommend a good site to pick up this unit.

Also based upon what I have read so far DaLite HiPower screen seems a good option with this projector,so if possible I wouldlike to pick a screen along with the projectr ...not sure about an extra bulb though ...

Biggest challenge is that I will be buying this combination of screen and projector without actually looking at it, however, I guess based upon my price criteria (below 3000$ proj & screen) and feedback on this forum, this seems to be a decent if not the perfect choice!

thanks in advanc for help

·
Registered
578 Posts
There is no place in Santa Clara that sells the LT150. Your best bet is to check out www.projectorcentral.com for an online retailer. Then, have the unit shipped to your hotel/office where you are at for that two week period. The LT150 is going for around $2300-$2400 right now. So if you get a price in that range or lower, then you are in good shape. Also, sounds like you have never demoed the unt. You should try to demo the unit before you buy it, otherwise you might have a hard time trying to return it. Also, you might be supceptible to the rainbow effect.

A better question to ask is if you can have another AVSforum member allow you to come over to their house so you can check out the unit for yourself. I would offer, but my unit isn't setup properly.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.