AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
Joss Whedon Exits HBO's 'The Nevers', Says He Is 'Genuinely Exhausted'

Joss Whedon fans will have to keep waiting for his return to TV: The Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator has exited the upcoming HBO sci-fi series The Nevers...“We have parted ways with Joss Whedon,” HBO confirmed in a statement. “We remain excited about the future of The Nevers and look forward to its premiere in the summer of 2021.”...

Joss Whedon Exits HBO's 'The Nevers' | Hollywood Reporter

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
DUPLICATION of above post.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
was literally posted right above your post...
Weird. Sometimes these pages/threads don't seem to show content updates. I normally do my best to scan the last page and at least a page back to avoid duplications.

·
Registered
27,691 Posts
And of course, Ray Fisher claims credit.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
‘The Nevers’: Philippa Goslett Named As Showrunner Of HBO Sci-Fi Drama Following Joss Whedon’s Departure
By Peter White

Philippa Goslett, the British filmmaker behind features Mary Magdalene and How To Talk To Girls At Parties, has taken over showrunning duties for HBO sci-fi drama The Nevers.

She replaces Joss Whedon, who exited the series in November, after he said that the physical challenges of making such a “huge” show was more than he could handle “without the work beginning to suffer”.

It marks Goslett’s first major television gig, having previously developed projects for FX, the BBC and Channel 4. Other film credits include Robert Pattinson-fronted Little Ashes.

She will also exec produce alongside Jane Espenson, Doug Petrie, Ilene S. Landress, Bernadette Caulfield. Whedon remains credited as creator and exec producer.

The drama, which follows a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies and a mission that might change the world, will air later this year. It was handed a straight-to-series order by the premium cable network in summer 2018.

The Nevers was to mark the first TV series for Whedon since he co-created ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the first solely created by him since the cult 2009 Fox drama Dollhouse. Before that he created the hit Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Firefly, both of which developed a devoted following that remains strong. Buffy also spawned a successful spinoff series, Angel.

Co-written by Whedon and Buffy alums Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie, The Nevers stars Laura Donnelly (Outlander) as the lead, Olivia Williams (Miss Austen Regrets), James Norton (Grantchester), Tom Riley (Dark Heart), Ann Skelly (Death and Nightingales), Ben Chaplin (The Children Act), Pip Torrens (The Crown), Zackary Momoh (Seven Seconds), Amy Manson (Torchwood), Nick Frost (Fighting With My Family), Rochelle Neil (Death in Paradise), Eleanor Tomlinson (Poldark) and Denis O’Hare (This Is Us).

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
@Garrett Adams

Should the title of this thread be updated? Or will JW's name continue to be associated with the production?

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
I agree. However I don't know how to do it. If someone knows, please tell me the process.
go to the 1st post...on the top right there is a set of 3 vertical dots (next to the page number)...click on it and then click 'Edit Thread'...you can then change the title

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Let's be very clear about what's happened here: A woman has replaced a man as showrunner because that man couldn't handle the physical challenges of making a TV show (without citing a specific health issue).

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
go to the 1st post...on the top right there is a set of 3 vertical dots (next to the page number)...click on it and then click 'Edit Thread'...you can then change the title
I wonder if that is the case for a discussion thread that was created back in 2018? What you described above can be done with a newly created discussion thread since the updated forum software. Not sure if that applies to legacy discussion threads.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
I think Joss is exhausted from all the negative press he's received recently .
sad to see his fall from grace...the recently released Snyder cut is another nail in his coffin as even at 4 hours people are calling the new version the definitive version of Justice League

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
sad to see his fall from grace...the recently released Snyder cut is another nail in his coffin as even at 4 hours people are calling the new version the definitive version of Justice League
I can't see how the Justice League would be his fault but the other stuff . . .

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
HBO's new series will air in two parts due to a pandemic-related production hiatus

The COVID-19 pandemic did interrupt production, so the 10 episodes will be broken into two parts...Six episodes will air on HBO (and stream on HBO Max) beginning on April 11th, while the remaining four will be completed and aired at a later date, hopefully this year

"There was kind of a natural narrative break at six, so the thought then was to air six episodes," HBO and HBO Max chief content officer Casey Bloys stated last month. "So at least we had something to put out there for subscribers and fans"

21 - 40 of 89 Posts