AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun, originally called Doppelganger

One hundred years in the future, two astronauts are sent to uncover the secrets of a “duplicate” Earth on the other side of the sun. When they crash land three weeks earlier than they had planned, they must embark on a life-or-death mission to determine whether they have arrived back home or on the strange mirror world.

Just picked this up on BD.
I have know idea just how I missed seeing this when I was a kid. What a great, classic sci-fi movie!!!
If you like movies like Robinson Crusoe on Mars, The Green Slime, you should like this one!!!
If you have ever seen the Thunderbirds puppets, well this is a live version in the same vein.
This movie was made by Gerry Anderson who is to puppets what Ray Harryhausen was to stop motion filming.
It has a great 60's sci-fi vibe going on, good actors and a good story, was great entertainment!
I've never had such heart pounding excitment over a plastic rocket on a string launch sequence as in this flick, haha.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The pq looks promising enough for me to get it when it's at my usual $10 price point. Not that it's anything like Robinson Crusoe on Mars or The Green Slime (which I want in HD as well) Journey is more a psychological thriller.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Somehow it was released twice on DVD and I have them both. Don't think it's worth a triple dip...why don't they release stuff they never released on DVD, huh, tell me that!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Somehow it was released twice on DVD and I have them both. Don't think it's worth a triple dip...why don't they release stuff they never released on DVD, huh, tell me that!
Double/triple/quadrupedal dipping is the lifeblood of the home video market that's why. I suspect it will only end if the home video market dies.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Double/triple/quadrupedal dipping is the lifeblood of the home video market that's why. I suspect it will only end if the home video market dies.

...but, but, this ain't one of those titles!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, but I actually saw this with my brother at the theater back in 69', mainly on the strength the movie's lead, Roy Thinnes -- from tv's 'The Invaders' fame (!), which I loved :cool:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, but I actually saw this with my brother at the theater back in 69', mainly on the strength the movie's lead, Roy Thinnes -- from tv's 'The Invaders' fame (!), which I loved :cool:

Roy was a great actor.........loved his part on the X-Files too!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I'm double-dipping, I'm replacing my Laserdisc. The price is right, $11.49, at Amazonia.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
You paid too much, I bought it for $10.49 CAD and in addition with promotional store credit.
Wanna buy a good, clean copy of the LD that's suitable for framing....? ;) I finally watched my over-priced Bleu copy last night....so, my older, more costly slab is expendable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts