AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today is the U.S. theatrical and On Demand release date.

The video has been released on DVD and BD at YesAsia and other places.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1521505/journey-to-the-west-stephen-chow/0_100#post_24453982

10 years after Kung Fu Hustle, it looks like Stephen Chow is finally back:
Sir Oink,.I'm sorry to tell you it's a big waste of time at least for me. Maybe some of you who understand the history of the monkey & those animals from Chinese Folklore will "maybe" like it. Sad for me, I don't know enough about it so I don't know if the movie is bad or from because I'm not familiar with the said Folklore.

It doesn't have any of the amazing brilliant eclectic oddball humor & wacky characters that was in abundance in Shaolin Soccer & Kung Fu Hustle. Even CJ7 his other one not up to par with SS & KFH was still entertaining. This Journey to The West was a total bust for me, I didn't get it nor was it able to make me laugh.

The dvd I got the PQ & cinematography was excellent so if you enjoy it's a double bonus. Let us know what you think after you see it Oink.

Good news is that his next project with Jack Black & Anne Hathaway will most likely redeem himself.

Actor-director Stephen Chow is currently writing the screenplay for the new film which is about a superhero, action-packed, special effects-rich, and of course funny. The film will be similar in style to "Kung Fu Hustle," which is full of parodies and exaggerations.

·
Registered
8,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1521505/journey-to-the-west-stephen-chow#post_24454017

Today is the U.S. theatrical and On Demand release date.

The video has been released on DVD and BD at YesAsia and other places.
I'll check this one out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts