AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a brand new Panasonic 50" plasma and I tried to view pictures on it yesterday. I inserted the SDcard and all the thumbnail pictures appeared no problem.

When I selected a picture or when I went to start a slide show a box appeared and said

Can't read format

They are high res Jpegs

I tried calling Panasonic but they were closed. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Could the files be too large?

Thanks in advance

Mitchell

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
There are a number of things. I don't own a Panasonic, but try renaming jpg instead of jpeg extension. Some devices are picky. Also, there may be expected naming conventions - like no spaces or no lowercase etc...

You can also try resizing/cropping to 1920x1080 to make sure it's in a format it likes. And if you can control the different compression settings etc.. you may want to save lower for better compatibility.

The way I do that kind of thing is just with the HTPC I have hooked up so I don't have to worry about such things..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.