AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know I am going to get a Samsung 4k TV in the next few weeks or so, all my TV's are Samsung and while I know the new sony's are going to be great everything in the house is Samsung so might as well keep the party going. Now I bought a H6350 which is my newest tv from them the rest are 2013 and 2012.

Now for all my TV's I don't pay for cable so pc mode or console or chromecast is the most I would ever hook up to them. I mainly stream everything on slingbox, xfinity, etc so I only get 60hz anyway. I kinda like the smoothing effect or having the choice to turn it on but Samsung just released the JU6500 which seems like it would work perfect. Just trying to make sure the 7100 is not worth the extra money they look pretty similar in the store since they aren't SUHD.

Looking to get a 55 or 60 ju6500 to replace a un55eh6030 and the plan is to get a hdmi 2.0 video card currently have a gtx 750 ti so I can do 4k at 60hz. What I plan to gain from this I don't know as it can't make that much of a difference but the current tv has always bothered me I got suckered into a sale that this tv was on display bought it as is and this is before I knew about slick deals and the Samsung panel lottery and fake 120hz when it was really a 60hz the whole time. It just bothers me that I didn't do my research and didn't get what I was expecting.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Ok so I know I am going to get a Samsung 4k TV in the next few weeks or so, all my TV's are Samsung and while I know the new sony's are going to be great everything in the house is Samsung so might as well keep the party going. Now I bought a H6350 which is my newest tv from them the rest are 2013 and 2012.

Now for all my TV's I don't pay for cable so pc mode or console or chromecast is the most I would ever hook up to them. I mainly stream everything on slingbox, xfinity, etc so I only get 60hz anyway. I kinda like the smoothing effect or having the choice to turn it on but Samsung just released the JU6500 which seems like it would work perfect. Just trying to make sure the 7100 is not worth the extra money they look pretty similar in the store since they aren't SUHD.

Looking to get a 55 or 60 ju6500 to replace a un55eh6030 and the plan is to get a hdmi 2.0 video card currently have a gtx 750 ti so I can do 4k at 60hz. What I plan to gain from this I don't know as it can't make that much of a difference but the current tv has always bothered me I got suckered into a sale that this tv was on display bought it as is and this is before I knew about slick deals and the Samsung panel lottery and fake 120hz when it was really a 60hz the whole time. It just bothers me that I didn't do my research and didn't get what I was expecting.
Try not to get a 60hz set. The motion will not be as good period . The tv's native refresh rate as half of 120HZ ..I have seen both sets although colours are very similar motion is not. Lots of blur and judder as is to be expected with a 60HZ panel. For a nice little bedroom tv ya ju6700 is fine but for serious watching and gaming 120hz and higher :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try not to get a 60hz set. The motion will not be as good period . The tv's native refresh rate as half of 120HZ ..I have seen both sets although colours are very similar motion is not. Lots of blur and judder as is to be expected with a 60HZ panel. For a nice little bedroom tv ya ju6700 is fine but for serious watching and gaming 120hz and higher :)
wait I'm confused the ju6700 is the same as the 6500 just curved and you know I'm just using this in pc mode so 120hz doesn't matter as it's just going to be 60hz when using hdmi to my pc. All I do is stream content from a pc so how would I gain anything from 120hz. I have a 6350 which is 120hz and all I get is 60hz

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
wait I'm confused the ju6700 is the same as the 6500 just curved and you know I'm just using this in pc mode so 120hz doesn't matter as it's just going to be 60hz when using hdmi to my pc. All I do is stream content from a pc so how would I gain anything from 120hz. I have a 6350 which is 120hz and all I get is 60hz
sorry thought ur comparing to 7 series so it just boils down to preference for u curved or flat. The one thing I notice is less complains of screen uniformity on flat screens so choose accordingly to your needs...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry thought ur comparing to 7 series so it just boils down to preference for u curved or flat. The one thing I notice is less complains of screen uniformity on flat screens so choose accordingly to your needs...
I am comparing to the ju7100 but only in PC mode which I believe only shows at 60hz not 120hz. The question is since I only use a PC is it worth it to get the ju7100 since I will only use it in PC mode and get 60hz when the ju6500 is only 60hz.

I say this because every Samsung TV I own at 120hz will not let me choose 120hz refresh rate on my PC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the response to an old thread but statements like this really confuse me.

I understand completely that 120hz sets are better for viewing 24p content because 24 doesn't go evenly into the 60hz refresh rate and all that, but I don't see how 120hz is better for gaming (with tvs).

First of all if you're using the interpolation on your 120hz set while gaming you're actually causing more input lag, and thus hurting your gaming experience, not improving it.

Second, 120hz sets are not always better in the motion blur department than certain 60hz options. I think there is a slight improvement when all other things are equal. I've read reviews of 60hz sets that are better for motion blur than certain 120hz sets. There is a 60hz Samung for example (ju6500), that has less blur than a 120hz Vizio. (M43-C1) The 120hz Vizio is just better with 24p content whereas the 6500 has judder, but the 120hz Vizio set is actually inferior for sports and gaming because of motion blur compared to the 60hz set in this example, which are two things many people preach as being the areas of most benefit with 120hz tvs.

I'm curious why some people think 120hz sets are automatically better for gaming. There are many 60hz sets out there that can produce a better overall gaming experience than certain 120hz sets. I don't get it. I see the argument for a 120hz+ PC monitor, as they actually accept 120hz input signals, and you can therefor take advanage of higher framerates from a powerful GPU, but with a tv it's not like this. Hook a 120hz tv up to a PC and most of the time, it's still 60hZ at 1080p and there is no such thing as 120hz at 4k so let's not even go there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, this was the post I MEant to reply to above.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Sorry for the response to an old thread but statements like this really confuse me.

I understand completely that 120hz sets are better for viewing 24p content because 24 doesn't go evenly into the 60hz refresh rate and all that, but I don't see how 120hz is better for gaming (with tvs).

First of all if you're using the interpolation on your 120hz set while gaming you're actually causing more input lag, and thus hurting your gaming experience, not improving it.

Second, 120hz sets are not always better in the motion blur department than certain 60hz options. I think there is a slight improvement when all other things are equal. I've read reviews of 60hz sets that are better for motion blur than certain 120hz sets. There is a 60hz Samung for example (ju6500), that has less blur than a 120hz Vizio. (M43-C1) The 120hz Vizio is just better with 24p content whereas the 6500 has judder, but the 120hz Vizio set is actually inferior for sports and gaming because of motion blur compared to the 60hz set in this example, which are two things many people preach as being the areas of most benefit with 120hz tvs.

I'm curious why some people think 120hz sets are automatically better for gaming. There are many 60hz sets out there that can produce a better overall gaming experience than certain 120hz sets. I don't get it. I see the argument for a 120hz+ PC monitor, as they actually accept 120hz input signals, and you can therefor take advanage of higher framerates from a powerful GPU, but with a tv it's not like this. Hook a 120hz tv up to a PC and most of the time, it's still 60hZ at 1080p and there is no such thing as 120hz at 4k so let's not even go there.
a native 120hz set is not using interpolation until u use amp setting which simulate 240hz. 120hz native is always better than 60hz. If you are using it for 4k pc only then 60hz is ok seeing how 4k is only @ 60hz right now anyways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"120hz native is always better than 60hz. " Not according to many reviews and and obersvations by people. Like I said, when everything else is equal, it slightly reduces motion blur, but the main advantage is 24p judderless playback. For games there is no real advantage to 120hz unless you're comparing 60hz vs 120hz with everything else exactly equal.

I already gave an example, of a 120hz tv having more than a 60hz tv. Even the reviews said that tv was ****ty for sports and games due to motion blur, yet the 60hz tv i mentioned is good for sports and games.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts