AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

The German BD of Judge Dredd is now available.

It is the first Blu Ray Disc of the Movie worldwide.

I know that some people (like me btw) like this movie.

So its an interesting info i think.

The Blu Ray is a new Master and has DTS HD Master Audio Sound in German and English.

Subtitle options are German or English. Both removable.

Here are some HD Screenshots in a comparison between the old German DVD and this new Blu Ray:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp...5497/picture:0

And here are the BD Info Scan:
Code:
Code:
Total   Video                                             
Title                                                           Codec   Length  Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate Bitrate Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----                                                           ------  ------- --------------  --------------  ------- ------- ------------------                        ---------------------
00001.MPLS                                                      AVC     1:36:07 18'820'220'928  23'927'792'495  26.10   20.00   DTS-HD Master 5.1 2296Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)
Code:
Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Title:     JUDGE_DREDD_BD
Disc Size:      23'927'792'495 bytes
Protection:     AACS
BD-Java:        Yes
BDInfo:         0.5.4

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00001.MPLS
Length:                 1:36:07 (h:m:s)
Size:                   18'820'220'928 bytes
Total Bitrate:          26.10 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description     
-----                   -------             -----------     
MPEG-4 AVC Video        19999 kbps          1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         2296 kbps       5.1 / 48 kHz / 2296 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio             German          2131 kbps       5.1 / 48 kHz / 2131 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)

SUBTITLES:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
Presentation Graphics           English         28.271 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           German          33.759 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           German          0.023 kbps                      

FILES:

Name            Time In         Length          Size            Total Bitrate   
----            -------         ------          ----            -------------   
00001.M2TS      0:00:00.000     1:36:07.678     18'820'220'928  26'104
unfortunately the Blu Ray is region locked B although the Cover and Disc label mentions A/B/C

But for US People who can play Region B Discs its a good option to add the movie in your collection.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@dvdmike007

There is no steelbook of judge dredd. Just amaray.

But the cover is reversible so that you can make the german Rating Logo invisible

@raoul_duke

Yes opening text scroll and things like location information are in English.

Here especially for you:

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss HD
@dvdmike007

But the cover is reversible so that you can make the german Rating Logo invisible

@raoul_duke

Here especially for you:
The render here http://www.amazon.de/Judge-Dredd-Blu...0355340&sr=8-1 looked like a steel in the second pic

·
Registered
611 Posts
I would think the audio would get a better bitrate option than 16-bit and only maxing out at 2296kbps. Most movies now that get released all have 24-bit and over 4000kbps for action movies. The Expendables for example coming out in NA this Tuesday is 24-bit and 5750kbps. Some of the scenes in JD deserve a better sounding audio option

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss HD
@dvdmike007

@raoul_duke

Here especially for you:
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616 /forum/post/19523964

I would think the audio would get a better bitrate option than 16-bit and only maxing out at 2296kbps. Most movies now that get released all have 24-bit and over 4000kbps for action movies. The Expendables for example coming out in NA this Tuesday is 24-bit and 5750kbps. Some of the scenes in JD deserve a better sounding audio option

I will not be able to enjoy this JD blu-ray because of that information. Damn you sir.

·
Banned
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D /forum/post/19524850

I will not be able to enjoy this JD blu-ray because of that information. Damn you sir.

That says more about you than the disc. To say one cannot enjoy disc simply because the audio, the lossless audio, is 16 bit instead of 24 bit stretches incredulity, even by AVS standards.

I, for one, look forward to seeing this guilty pleasure in full 1080p quality.

·
Registered
324 Posts
lulz, 24-bit audio. I've got some wrist magnets to sell you.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Audio soundtracks, codecs, lossless options, and bitrates sometimes vary between European releases and their US counterparts. Why not wait until this is released in the US before criticizing?

Lee

·
Registered
776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C. /forum/post/19525634

I freely admit I'd buy this for the first half if it wasn't region locked. Curses.

Tell me about it. I currently live here in Germany (my wife is active duty Air Force) and would be heading to my local Mueller ASAP to pick this up. It's always been a guilty pleasure of mine and the US DVD release was sub par at best.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts