AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a old transfer no DD5.1,PQ very good. As good as 5th Element, next showing Saturday 01:00 AM ET.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yeah, I blew it off because I thought it was going to be a P&S showing. While I was channel surfing during a commercial on another show, I stopped on Judge Dredd just to take a quick look(I've always liked Diane Lane) and was presently surprised that it was OAR. Looked really good too. Nice PQ. Will defiantly check out one of the next two showings this month.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I was up and caught this one last night and was suprised it was oar. I thought the pq was amazing but in the end wasnt enough to get me through the awful storyline and i mean awful.

·
Registered
416 Posts
last time I've attempted to archive, like 6 months ago, it was upconvert but last night was OAR. The time was odd though for the East Coast... Still, if OAR is becoming "a rule" rather then "exception" we all should be very thankful and glad :)

sure thing "a rule" a bit of a strong proposition but still I can dream of more flicks OAR on HBO, right :)

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Al O
Was a old transfer no DD5.1,PQ very good. As good as 5th Element, next showing Saturday 01:00 AM ET.
Sat the 26th?

Tim

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fs123
I was up and caught this one last night and was suprised it was oar. I thought the pq was amazing but in the end wasnt enough to get me through the awful storyline and i mean awful.
Yeah, some people will watch anything in HD. ;)

Actually I've never seen Judge Dredd. I've heard it's bad to mediocre. I'll have to catch it soon and finally judge for myself. I always think it's kind of amusing how much acclaim The Fifth Element gets from videophiles, pretty much ever since the Superbit release. To the rest of the world it's a fading memory and probably gets confused with Stargate or Armageddon :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pops and Clicks here.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah, I hear the pops too. I've waited a long time to finally catch this movie in HD and now I hear annoying pops. Has this ever happened before?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Pops and Clicks here too. Had to stop watching it. Hopefully the showing on 4/30 will be good.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
The pops are on mine as well but I have to say this PQ is a whole lot better than the 5th Element OAR HBO showed a few weeks ago. I know its the superit everybody raves about but still The 5th element hd version is being put to shame....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.