AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2  /t/1470990/jump-desktop-vnc-rdp-for-android-free-today-only#post_23270958

Can you connect to more than one PC?

Yes. I have five listed in my app now. Three are virtual machines.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
I need to check this out. Does it use RDP and you need a Pro machine or other hacked Win 7 machine?

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do the manual setup. Forward your own port to 3389. You would then enter for host address your IP : port or dyndns:port such as sammy2.dyndns.org:3389 with logon the same as the one on your PC.

If you don't understand port forwarding then let me know.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
There's bots that search for that port and then use password crackers to get in. I had it set up for a bit on my HTPC but had to shut down that port. Of course I could use a stronger password as the one I had was simple for local network use.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Fortunately I have a static IP address.. Or at least Charter hasn't changed it in as many years as I've had service with them..

So I don't need to use dyndns.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the app was free and you could just use it on your LAN if you didn't want to open any ports.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
I did grab this when it was free and it shows up on my phone but it doesn't load when I load it from the phone..

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I grabbed it for my phone and kindle fire, and they both work fine. Maybe remove from your device and re-install, Amazon keeps it as an app you purchased so you shouldn't have a problem installing it to your phone again.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Connection type RDP

Domain name or external IP address as host , port number (as bryansj suggests I redirect a different one to 3389),

Windows user name, password

In like Flynn.

If your using it locally without a domain name you probably need the local IP address instead. Mine works fine with the domain name locally.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts