AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like to know what is the major difference in term of image quality,black,shadows detail etc... bettwen those model,1080ub and the new 8500ub

for the moment i have an 1080ub but i found a good deals on a 8500ub and before i make that move i will love to hear from people that made the jump

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I upgraded from a non-UB Home Cinema 1080 to a 6500, and I appreciate the difference, though it is not night and day. Somewhat better black-level performance (probably, the 6500 without dynamic iris equals or beats the 1080 with it), and the frame interpolation feature if you like that. The bigger improvements for me, though, you already have in your 1080UB, specifically 1080p24 ability and no "rainbow text" problem.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT69 /forum/post/18215822

i like to know what is the major difference in term of image quality,black,shadows detail etc... bettwen those model,1080ub and the new 8500ub

for the moment i have an 1080ub but i found a good deals on a 8500ub and before i make that move i will love to hear from people that made the jump

Well what parameters do you want to improve (of course all, but what is most important)? Secondly, how bad do you think those parameters are on your current 1080UB?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/18226537

Well what parameters do you want to improve (of course all, but what is most important)? Secondly, how bad do you think those parameters are on your current 1080UB?

To be honest ,i got a jvc rs2 in my hand for a couple of days and that the kind of picture im looking for,im looking for best black possible,very good shadow detail,i like the 3d effect with the rs2,but the only bad thing about the rs2 was the fan noise,very too lound for me

thank

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
IMO the Epson will never get to the level of the JVC. Though it brings the question why not just use the JVC? You could build a box around it...

If not, perhaps an RS15?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/18228357

IMO the Epson will never get to the level of the JVC. Though it brings the question why not just use the JVC? You could build a box around it...

If not, perhaps an RS15?

I allready sold the rs2 because of the fan noise,with my first projector,a infocus 4805 ,i have to made a hush box and i relly dont like to see a big box on the celling thats why i prefer to look for something else,maybe a rs10 or 20 but the epson is less expensive

do you think i will get a big ++ if a change from a 1080ub to a 8500 ub

1 - 7 of 7 Posts