AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get jumpy playback of .mkv. It's not noticable 75% of the time, but any scene that has the camera sweeping a large panorama, for instance, it appears to skip slightly as the camera moves across the scene.

I have the combined community codec pack installed as well as the following hardware with all current drivers:

# CPU: Athlon X2 4850e ADH4850DOBOX 45W Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM2+

# MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G chipset microATX

# GRAPHICS: ATI Radeon HD 3200 (integrated in the motherboard chipset)

I have this problem both on my HTPC with Vista Ultimate x32 with all recent updates installed, and on my main computer with XP SP3.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using 720 for the projector. Projector is a SHarp DT-510. I'm unsure of the refresh rate. I think 65. Recommendations?

I don't know what mpc-hc built in decoders are. Please explain.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npeters /forum/post/15527661

I get jumpy playback of .mkv. It's not noticable 75% of the time, but any scene that has the camera sweeping a large panorama, for instance, it appears to skip slightly as the camera moves across the scene.

I have the combined community codec pack installed as well as the following hardware with all current drivers:

# CPU: Athlon X2 4850e ADH4850DOBOX 45W Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM2+

# MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G chipset microATX

# GRAPHICS: ATI Radeon HD 3200 (integrated in the motherboard chipset)

I have this problem both on my HTPC with Vista Ultimate x32 with all recent updates installed, and on my main computer with XP SP3.

judder?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I don't think there is anything you can do about it then. But, I'm not very knowledgable about such things. There's most likely someone here that can give you a more complete answer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You think this is solely a refresh rate issue?

Does a lower refresh rate equal smoother playback?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The section on telecine judder does sound like my problem. I'll see if I can enable inverse telecine on my ati control panel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried it on my Nvidia machine. Now I realize I have no option on the ATI machine, which is my HTPC machine.

Any more advice?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where did you find this option to "enable" inverse telecine. i cannot find it anywhere in my ati catylist control panel. Can you let us know where it is?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
On ATI cards it is known as 3:2 pull down or similar. In CCC go to avivo settings and enable automatic deinterlacing and check pulldown detection. I belive the 4xxx cards have mor options to do this.

BB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts