AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Here are June's Blu-ray Disc releases that I anticipate receiving for review. I will drop a post in any of the existing threads in Blu-ray software forum to advise when they are in. I will give you guys a brief heads up on what to expect in terms of quality. Of course I won't give away too much..

Here they are:

Its going to be a busy month !

Cheers,

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm definitely looking forward to the reviews on the old war movies (Patton, Battle of Britain, and A Bridge Too Far) but some of the newer titles should be interesting as well.

So when will we star seeing these reviews Mr. Potts?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmond212 /forum/post/13875533

Patton is supposed to be a reference quality disc that I am really looking forward too.

Definitely hope so, this is one of my favorite movies

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg77 /forum/post/13875555

I'm definitely looking forward to the reviews on the old war movies (Patton, Battle of Britain, and A Bridge Too Far) but some of the newer titles should be interesting as well.

So when will we star seeing these reviews Mr. Potts?

Greetings,

They should begin showing up in the next week or so. I try to get them done as I receive them.

Cheers,

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg77 /forum/post/13875894

Sounds great Ralph... I was just teasing anyway. I know you get them done as quickly as you can.

Greetings,

absolutely....

Quote:
I will be highly anticipating the review for several of those titles Ralph (especially Patton). Thanks for your time and effort, I enjoy your reviews.

Believe it or not I have never seen Patton.
I am looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Let's just hope that they put the subtitles for "The Longest Day" where they belong!!! (That would be in the 2.40:1 image area as seen in the theater when film was projected, not in the black bar below the image). That way, those of us with CIH projection systems can actually enjoy the film without compromising image size....

Vern

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've got all three of the WW II movies on SD DVD's, so I'll be curious to know how the BluRay discs compare to the SD DVD's. Ralph, is there any way for you to make this comparison during your review?

Cal68

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Hi Ralph,

Off topic here but will you be reviewing The Air I Breathe with Kevin Bacon this month?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts /forum/post/13881040

Greetings,

absolutely....

Cheers,

George C. Scott portrayed Gen. Patton so well, you'll think you're watching a documentary! Masterful performance by the late Mr. Scott.

·
Registered
580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts /forum/post/13881040

Cheers,

You are in for a treat. Truly a great movie.

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 /forum/post/13881686

I've got all three of the WW II movies on SD DVD's, so I'll be curious to know how the BluRay discs compare to the SD DVD's. Ralph, is there any way for you to make this comparison during your review?

Cal68

Greetings,

Cal, I don't have any of these on SD DVD and I won't be able to make the comparison. Sorry.

Quote:
Hi Ralph,

Off topic here but will you be reviewing The Air I Breathe with Kevin Bacon this month?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, it looks like that one is from an independent studio and is only available in SD currently. I won't be covering it at this time. Sorry.

Regards,

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmond212 /forum/post/13881934

You are in for a treat. Truly a great movie.

Greetings,

I look forward to it. (PS: It arrived this morning).

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
In the review for The Longest Day, I'd be interested in a comparison to the 2 DVD versions that have been out. While the 2nd release was anamorphic, which allowed the subtitles to be read when the movie was in the correct aspect ratio, the image seemed noticeably softer than the non-anamorphic version. It was one of the first two DVDs I bought, so if the Blu-ray is a big improvement I will probably triple dip on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well there are plenty on that list that are must buys for me Ralph and I can't wait to see signs on BD. Looking forward to your impressions regarding the soundtrack. Anyway so far it looks to me like you are doing a wonderful job here!

Ray

1 - 20 of 53 Posts