AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Oh, I dunno Bud...but maybe we ought wait until Bjoern runs measurements of the soundtracks and see what transpires then, eh?.

His tests would be more visually indicative of what the soundtrack mixes are actually doing, rather than merely relying on a single opinion, me thinks... :)

-THTS

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
I screened JP3 last night myself. I still have some looking to do at the supplements before posting a review later this week, but I'll offer my impressions of the transfer of the film.

The video quality does appear to be slightly compromised, most likely due to space limitations. This really should have been a 2-disc set. Still, the transfer itself is quite good. The problems are in the MPEG encoding, and even these are not major.

The soundtrack, on the other hand, is nothing sort of phenomenal. Even the repressed DTS DVD version of the first Jurassic Park pales in comparison to this soundtrack. Assuming one has the woofage to keep up (and I know you do, Frank), there is bass energy here unlike anything I have ever heard. I run dual SVS Ultras and the low bass strongly resonates through my body in many scenes. My house felt like it was coming apart. Really.

And that was the Dolby track. I bet the DTS track would have exploded my brain. Or not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am sure the audio and picture quality of JPIII are spectacular on the DVD.

As for the film quality

As David 600 quotes from The Lost World, "Hang on to something!"----Hang on to your money.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey :)

well, I was too kinda disappointed by the movie (the script, the dialogues mainly ) but I think this one will have a pretty good success in "home theaters" :D

hi Robert !

looking forward to your review.

agree though, should have been a twin disc edition.

regards

·
Registered
959 Posts
All you OAR lovers beware. This title is being released in P&S and in Widescreen on separate discs. Careful ordering or picking off the shelf to make sure your purchase is Widescreen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.