AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any personal experience between these two lines? Im guessing the L series is an older line of speakers and they are significantly cheaper than the studio 5 series. Just wondering how they compare against each other. I am also looking at the studio 280 floorstanding speakers as well. The 5 series gets a little pricey and am just wondering how they fair.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Not too many reviews on the 500 or 200 series, but most seem to really like them. The few user reviews of the 200 series seem to make them a good value. The 500 series uses some high end designs filtered down from their pro line, especially the horn and the tweeter design. If you can afford the 500 series I would go for that. Try and buy from someplace that has at least a 30 day trial period with at least free shipping one way.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have the 530 bookshelves and the center. .so yeah I was thinking about getting matching towers or switchin it all up. .

·
Registered
9,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abajetta2  /t/1521188/just-a-curious-post-jbl-...bl-studio-l-series-and-2-series#post_24570090

I already have the 530 bookshelves and the center. .so yeah I was thinking about getting matching towers or switchin it all up. .

If you like them, then get the towers. Why mess with a good thing?

·
Registered
19,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abajetta2  /t/1521188/just-a-curious-post-jbl-...bl-studio-l-series-and-2-series#post_24570090

I would stick with the Studio 5 series

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
I auditioned at home the jbl 580 for about 3 weeks the speakers really impress me specially the horn sound, the horn is not fatiguing at all and the speakers have their own unique sound I almost keep the speakers. The speakers are highly demanded in other countries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts