AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, mods feel free to delete if this is inappropriate....I just thought many members might benefit from this, even if it has been posted before.

Most know that American Express will double mfr warranty up to one year, but many may not know that visa has a similar program. Not sure about Mastercard.

Anyhow, if you bought your plasma, or whatever, with a visa you should register it to get this benefit; http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/b...r_eclaims.html

Hope some find this info useful, I sure did!

·
Registered
9,660 Posts
This has been further clarified with important details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog /forum/post/14215375

This is good info to know, and it has been discussed here. You should be clear on the info though, so as to not mislead anyone. The AmEx extension doubles the manufacturer's warranty up to one additional year, and only on warranties of five years or less. The Visa extension also doubles the manufacturer's warranty up to one additional year but on warranties of three years or less.

People will be disappointed if they only see "doubled" and think their warranties are always being doubled."

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog /forum/post/14216311

This has been further clarified with important details.

Perfectly said! It extends the manufacturer's warranty 1 additional year.

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK my 42" LCD just died. I was smart enough and bought it with my Visa & registered it 1.5yrs ago. I just filed a claim with Visa yesterday.

What's going to happen next? Will they cut me a check for my TV. Who's going to haul the old TV away? The model has been discontinued.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefy6969 /forum/post/15370137

OK my 42" LCD just died. I was smart enough and bought it with my Visa & registered it 1.5yrs ago. I just filed a claim with Visa yesterday.

What's going to happen next? Will they cut me a check for my TV. Who's going to haul the old TV away? The model has been discontinued.

Not sure as they should handle similar to the manufacturer's warranty. Although you will need to follow up with Visa. Make sure that you write down the names of the people you talk to.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts