AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....it sort of struck me....

At 9:30pm Tuesday 12/10/02.

ABC - Less Than Perfect

CBS - The Guardian

NBC - Hidden Hills

HBO - Live From Baghdad

Showtime - The Score

HDNet - NHL Kings @ Predators

Discovery - The Jeff Corwin Experience

Dish Network PPV - Lord of the Rings: FOTR

·
Registered
871 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
....it sort of struck me....

Dish Network PPV - Lord of the Rings: FOTR

FOTR?:confused:

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by tmitchmd
FOTR?:confused:
The full name of the movie is The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Things are really looking up. Just think, a year ago, we were lucky to have one program at a time in HD.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
You forgot to list the WB has Smallvillle in HD at that time too. Tuesday from 9-10PM is now the biggest HDTV period, all networks (except Fox) are covered at that time.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DonBerg
You forgot to list the WB has Smallvillle in HD at that time too. Tuesday from 9-10PM is now the biggest HDTV period, all networks (except Fox) are covered at that time.
Right you are, thanks for the correction Don.

·
Registered
506 Posts
As much I hate FOX, I have to admit I watch 24 every week in SD widescreen. I think the reason is because I started watching this show last year before I got my HD set. It is the only show on FOX I watch. This year I never even gave a new show on FOX a chance because it usually went up against a new show on another network which is in HD. Guess which one I watched;)

Rick

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
24 is in Fox Widescreen = 16:9 480p = EDTV

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
We've gotten so used to complaining that people still regularly state that HD is making no progress and that it's still in danger of collapsing and so forth. But if taken with some perspective, it's made big progress I think.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I was in a store today trying to explain to a would-be HDTV purchaser that the majority of major network programming -- save Faux's -- is already in HD. He -- and the salesman -- were both unaware of this. I will say that Faux's widescreen/enhanced transmissions of shows like 24 are a lot, lot better than the crap I normally get from DirecTV so I'm thankful for that. It is also true that I am watching less Fox than in many years but I think that is more about the shows' lack of quality rather than their lack of pixels.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I know you did the 9:30 listings here Ken, but we also had Frasier at 9:00 and NYPD Blue at 10:00.

As for FOX, have to admit I still watch "24" because it's my favorite show on TV. Other than that it's "Bernie Mac" and the NFL, MLB. FOX's programming is terrible for the most part - HD or no HD.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
I know you did the 9:30 listings here Ken, but we also had Frasier at 9:00 and NYPD Blue at 10:00.
Yup, and even more beyond that, too. That was my point.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Don't forget PBS. I don't know what was on Tuesday but 9PM seems to be the big HD timeslot for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.