AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are plenty of products out there that can fit my needs here but the price is always a bit difficult to stomach. My situation is really rather simple. I have my distribution amps setup properly, all I need is the ability to control IR equipment that is in an enclosed and ventilated cabinet from about three rooms in my house. I would think that something sending an RF signal to a receiver in the cabinet with perhaps some IR emitters going to all the equipment would be best but I don't even know if a product like this exists. I do not want to have to worry about line of sight anywhere so IR from the remote isn't an option.

Can someone guide me in the right direction? I have tried searching the forums but almost everything I find is well over $1000. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the response but as I alluded to in the post I don't want to worry about any line of sight. With this device you can aim at the powermind in one room with IR and then the signal is transmitted via RF to the other powermind to translate the signals back to IR and ultimately to the equipment. It would be nice if they simply had an inexpensive remote that had rf built-in that went directly to a receiver and then outputted IR to the equipment.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Jayson, you nailed it. That has the exact functionality I am looking for. I also found that the Pronto NG 3000 with an rf extender also has the functionality I'm looking for. Both seem like great products.

Thanks again.

JP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.