AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seos 24 with bms 4594



distortion


high


mid


summed



no xo no eq


very happy it doesnt roll off quickly



on axis 6 feet away


sadly i have to prep my house to be sold and move on the 10th of next month so i probably wont do anything further then this till then since i would be moving to a much larger space. probably post some pics of the boxs as i a build them for 4 td15m im also modifying 4 td18h boxs to be ported hopefully before the move so i can just move in and set it all up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk  /t/1471075/just-another-seos-24-build#post_23272855


seos 24 with bms 4954



distortion


high


mid


summed



no xo no eq


very happy it doesnt roll off quickly



on axis 6 feet away


sadly i have to prep my house to be sold and move on the 10th of next month so i probably wont do anything further then this till then since i would be moving to a much larger space. probably post some pics of the boxs as i a build them for 4 td15m im also modifying 4 td18h boxs to be ported hopefully before the move so i can just move in and set it all up.

Sweeeeet!! Those results look really promising..like the SEOS24 were a solid choice! I have to be honest, I was concerned not really knowing how they would measure, so thanks for posting these!


Looking forward to seeing your projects. Good luck in the house move
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,989 Posts
Omnimic plots are so hard to read (sorry Bill). Why does it go all jaggy below 1khz? Are these smoothed?


Surprised the HF unit doesn't dig a little deeper. Looks like a natural XO though. Except for tweeter protection, you could almost run those wide open!


Look forward to seeing more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic  /t/1471075/just-another-seos-24-build#post_23273317


Omnimic plots are so hard to read (sorry Bill). Why does it go all jaggy below 1khz? Are these smoothed?


Surprised the HF unit doesn't dig a little deeper. Looks like a natural XO though. Except for tweeter protection, you could almost run those wide open!


Look forward to seeing more.

they are not smoothed 1/48th
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
It gets jaggly down low because the software has to allow reflections in at lower frequencies to get anything. you can't measure a 250hz response without looking for at least 1/250 of a second (the period of 1cycle)... and really about 3x that for a decent measurement. So some reflections are going to get in over that time unless you are outside or doing some other setup tricks. Omnimic can window out reflections at higher frequencies but physics wont let you at lower frequencies if the reflection comes in too soon. So Omnimic normally blends in unwindowed response at lower frequencies depending on where the user sets the window edge. Or it can be told to show only the quasianechoic part ( but then lower frequencies show nothing).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,989 Posts
Oh cool. I didn't know that about omni mic. That's actually a nice feature. Holm and others just taper the windowed portion into nothingness.


These plots make a lot more sense now. Can you adjust the gate down a little lower cokkie? So that it changes at maybe 500hz? Looks like a 500hz XO will be a piece of cake. Now that I understand these FR measurements, this looks really great. I'm looking forward to polars.


I'm jealous of you guys. I make $200 speakers. You make speakers using $200 waveguides
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic  /t/1471075/just-another-seos-24-build#post_23275638


Oh cool. I didn't know that about omni mic. That's actually a nice feature. Holm and others just taper the windowed portion into nothingness.


These plots make a lot more sense now. Can you adjust the gate down a little lower cokkie? So that it changes at maybe 500hz? Looks like a 500hz XO will be a piece of cake. Now that I understand these FR measurements, this looks really great. I'm looking forward to polars.


I'm jealous of you guys. I make $200 speakers. You make speakers using $200 waveguides

It seems like the blind purchase that many of us made is going to work out pretty well. I remember a couple folks stating that one of the guys from Poland said it would be below like 600 or 650 that performance would start to suffer, but it looks like we will be in good shape plenty lower. Mark should have one of mine in the next day or so, if not already. I am anxious to see what he thinks in use too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic  /t/1471075/just-another-seos-24-build#post_23275638


Oh cool. I didn't know that about omni mic. That's actually a nice feature. Holm and others just taper the windowed portion into nothingness.


These plots make a lot more sense now. Can you adjust the gate down a little lower cokkie? So that it changes at maybe 500hz? Looks like a 500hz XO will be a piece of cake. Now that I understand these FR measurements, this looks really great. I'm looking forward to polars.


I'm jealous of you guys. I make $200 speakers. You make speakers using $200 waveguides
its got a low shelf eq to fix the 1.6k area and one other correction at 13k hz no xo and 1/48th
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,989 Posts
Wow!


Add an BW2 at 600hz and do what ever is needed to protect the HF, blend in the woofer around a 550hz XO and BAM! Very nice. Hopefully the polars are just as impressive.


Can you email me frd files? I'd love to play and dream
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,341 Posts
Erich mentioned in Chop's mega build thread about the SEOS 24 with two 12s under it . Is there gonna be another run of the SEOS 24s, another bms group buy, a passive crossover designed? Just curious about some things lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk  /t/1471075/just-another-seos-24-build/0_100#post_23278569


uhhh ohh all measurements are wrong, besides distortion had my headphones eq in foobar and forgot about them =/ that shelf @ 1.8k hz is made by me : P heres a new graph no eq no xo no smoothing

 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top