AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just proved it's not safe to surf the internet before being fully awake...I had been researching new plasmas here for a couple of months, and was flip flopping between a 50 inch panasonic, then a 50 inch kuro, and back and forth. Well, in comparing prices this morning on the Kuro's, I ended up looking at the 60 inch Kuro on Amazon. Before I knew it, I had one ordered!!! Now I've got that sinking feeling in my stomach, did I do the right thing??? I'm nervous, but in a good way!!!

The main reason for this post, is I am hoping that some of you can point me to the best wall mount on monoprice for this TV. I'm not sure about which wall mount to get, and want to be sure I get the correct one. If any of you can tell me, or provide a link to the best one on monoprice, I'll go ahead and get it ordered today!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Its called buyers remorese. I got it bad for one full month after dropping 35,000 on a new car that I kinda really didn't need. It goes away and now I'm really happy I got it.

Gratz on your new purchase, enjoy it as I'm looking to upgrade from my 42".

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Congrats. You did not make a mistake at all. Amazon is very reputable company. As far as a wall mount, the monoprice mounts are very inexpensive. However, I would recommend the ProMounts UT-PRO300 tilt mount.

Chris

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice price on Amazon. It's $1,400 more in Canada and that's considered sale price

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree - the second guessing will quickly go away once you plug it in! I've had my 6010 for going on two months now, and am still marveling at what I'm seeing every time I turn it on. The "new toy" feeling has yet to go away!

As for wall mounts, you can also check out the sanus.com and peerlessmounts.com websites, and look at their Mount Finder feature. I got a Sanus VMPL3 from Amazon. It's very well put together, and reasonably straightforward to assemble and install.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice plasma..enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1966 /forum/post/13016089

Well, I just proved it's not safe to surf the internet before being fully awake...I had been researching new plasmas here for a couple of months, and was flip flopping between a 50 inch panasonic, then a 50 inch kuro, and back and forth. Well, in comparing prices this morning on the Kuro's, I ended up looking at the 60 inch Kuro on Amazon. Before I knew it, I had one ordered!!! Now I've got that sinking feeling in my stomach, did I do the right thing??? I'm nervous, but in a good way!!!

The main reason for this post, is I am hoping that some of you can point me to the best wall mount on monoprice for this TV. I'm not sure about which wall mount to get, and want to be sure I get the correct one. If any of you can tell me, or provide a link to the best one on monoprice, I'll go ahead and get it ordered today!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congratulations on your new TV and I look forward to reading your impressions once you have it. I've been thinking about this set and just got back from BB again looking at it. I might order from ******* as I purchased many items from them before and their customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it was from Amazon. I saw the option to get it from 6Ave, but chose the Amazon option even though it was a little more. I just wasn't familiar with 6Ave, but have had pretty good luck ordering with Amazon, and they offered free "white glove delivery" service.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Bit the bullet? It's "pulled the trigger" man.....you make getting one the best tv's available sound like a painful thing.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1966 /forum/post/13018769

Yeah, it was from Amazon. I saw the option to get it from 6Ave, but chose the Amazon option even though it was a little more. I just wasn't familiar with 6Ave, but have had pretty good luck ordering with Amazon, and they offered free "white glove delivery" service.

Yes it is available from Amazon now. They are very reptutable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I just did the same thing that Fox1966 did. Made sure it was from Amazon, not 6save. Don't have any buyer's remorse yet and hopefully won't. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvh /forum/post/13019462

Well, I just did the same thing that Fox1966 did. Made sure it was from Amazon, not 6save. Don't have any buyer's remorse yet and hopefully won't. We'll see.

6ave is legit...I just don't know about buying something like a plasma from them though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am buying a 6010 in April and was also wondering about wall mounting. At nearly 150 lbs. is it safe to wall mount hitting only two studs?

·
Registered
182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/13016238

Congrats. You did not make a mistake at all. Amazon is very reputable company. As far as a wall mount, the monoprice mounts are very inexpensive. However, I would recommend the ProMounts UT-PRO300 tilt mount.

Chris

Are the Monoprice wall mounts reliable and well made?

·
Registered
325 Posts
i got my walmount at walmart and its great and very sturdy.

granted its for my 42 inch lcd for my bedroom but im using my 50 inch samsung plasma on a stand but the cheaper walmount for the lcd is great.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts