AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the dive and bought my 507w from Ebay. for $3299 plus $150 shipping. The Seller had a rating over 13000 so im not worried about not receiving the product. But I am really worried about having a dead pixel. Was considering getting the hlm-5065 but the 507w was only $100 more so I said screw it and went with the 507w, Almost every post I've read on here regarding Samsungs DLP TV's have been positive so I figured that was my best bet. I hope I'm as happy as everyone else who has this TV, Everyones advice helped out a lot.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Assuming no congenital defects, if you tweak it and invest in an ISF gray scale calibration, I'm sure you will be very happy! Good luck and enjoy!

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
What will your Ebay dealer do for you if there is a defect short of total failure?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They will replace within 7 days if there is something wrong. They are an actual store and an ebay store. They are only 5 hours away from me so I can just drive it back to them. But lets hope nothing goes wrong!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
That's not too much less than I've seen at local dealers (with some wheeling and dealing). Did you look into that before your ebay transaction?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I did the Hln5065 at BB was $3899.00 plus Tax so about $4100 after everything. I talked to a 17 yr old with braces about getting a discount he then said that that is the discounted price. So I then said get your manager I showed Him My wad of $3600 cash and said "I will take it for $3600, and went on to show him the fistful of hundreds" He said there's nothing I can do and I told them that is ridiculous and walked out. I had the same experience at Circuit City once where I wanted a few hundred off the price showed him the cash and nothing. Not even a counter offer in either situation. Maybe they just thought I was an @ssh*le showing of my money, but I was willing to buy and had the cash. Retail stores are a rip off for high end electronics they mark everything up like 40% then try and sell you a 5 year plan for $500 and make you feel like an ass if you dont take it, what they are pretty much telling you is the stuff they are selling you will break so give us money...

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a good summary of the retail store experience, I found a factory refurb 507w for 2799.00, it is real tempting. I had the guy give me some of his serial numbers so I can verify with Samsung that it is factory refurbed and what the warranty is. Still haven't decided yet though.

·
Registered
856 Posts
xxxmarine79,

Showing your "wad of cash", doesn't help you make a sale with retail stores. They get their money whether you use cash, check or credit card. Why would you think showing cash should influence them? It means nothing as far as they are concerned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's not necessarily the case. The store will pocket more money if someone pays cash then if they use a non-store brand VISA card. Or certainly their American Express card, which charges an arm and a leg in merchant fees.

However, the store would probably prefer that you put it on their own credit card. That way not only do they get the price they want, but they get to take you to the cleaners forever at a very high interest rate.

-Holly

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Winglet

However, the store would probably prefer that you put it on their own credit card. That way not only do they get the price they want, but they get to take you to the cleaners forever at a very high interest rate.

-Holly

Since you have the cash, you could just pay the bill when you receive it. That way you don't have to walk around with a wad of cash that you could lose or otherwise be relieved of - and still not incur any interest charges! Using the store card can be a big money saver!

-Jan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ordered The Hln-5065 off ebay for $3199 plus $150 shipping and the store is 5 hours away so if anything goes wrong Im covered. The seller had over a 13000 rating with 98.5% positive feedback. I believe $3350 is a good price that it warranted taking it, The way I saw it was that the $1000 I save will go to Wires, ISF calibration and a stand, not to shabby IMO...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.