AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I have three of these and also have a living room with 4 speaker master bedroom with 2 speakers dining room with 2 and have 3 porches with 2 speakers each and in the apt under the garage I have a few Ethernet

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Phew...don't know what you want us to tell you.... I'd guess the volume controls are connected in between two sets of speaker wires, somewhere...hopefully labeled, somewhere. For those, if you can't physically trace them, maybe buy a wire continuity tester (and remote probe), then pull the volume controls out and there should be an in and out pair of wires, they each should have ends somewhere, you'll have to find them.

For the ethernet...I don't know what that thing in the closet is -- may a hub/switch, but it could just be a patch panel. No idea why all the ends of the other ethernet cables are stripped and left hanging...you'll probably need to re-terminate. Problem is, some people LOVE to use ethernet wire for speaker wire (or any other kind of wire)...so...if this was done by the owner pulling all these wires, who knows what you have.

That said...man I don't know what else to tell you short of finding the original owner and asking for a wiring diagram....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He went bankrupt building and remodeling this house there is a Lytton dimming panel some where just haven't found it yet my guess is the attic, the house is 3200 sqft and only 2 bedrooms 2 baths it has the makings of being really high end if he would have finished everything it has 4 gated entry's but he went bankrupt before the motors could be installed but the gates and wiring is all there and 45 low volt land scap lights but then again nothing to connect them too I have a couple company's coming Tuesday to sort everything and reconnect whole home sound to my receivers and to my savant system but I don't really want to pay 175 hourly for the programming but that's the most important part I know

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325cic  /t/1472478/just-bought-a-house#post_23325333

He went bankrupt building and remodeling this house there is a Lytton dimming panel some where just haven't found it yet my guess is the attic, the house is 3200 sqft and only 2 bedrooms 2 baths it has the makings of being really high end if he would have finished everything it has 4 gated entry's but he went bankrupt before the motors could be installed but the gates and wiring is all there and 45 low volt land scap lights but then again nothing to connect them too I have a couple company's coming Tuesday to sort everything and reconnect whole home sound to my receivers and to my savant system but I don't really want to pay 175 hourly for the programming but that's the most important part I know
Best of luck man...it sounds like he left you with a real mess. I hope you got a steal, because depending on what kind of hack job the guy did, you could end up having to re-wire everything.

In general though...why 6 gated entries to a two bedroom home? And why 2 bedrooms in 3200 sq. ft? That seems, excessive...are you leaving out a room that could be an office/bedroom? I'd figure at least 3 bedrooms for that sort of size. Meh, I guess that's all off-topic anyway, all that matters is your being happy with it...unless you're trying to flip it, and then, I wish you even better luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.