AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be an easy thing to fix but I'm stuck right now. The card installed properly and I have the analog output going to my receiver (hk avr7000), and the SPDIF output into the receiver as well.

WinDVD will output the signal through the SPDIF, however, regular Windows audio will not output through that connection.

Windows will output through the analog output, however, when I set the revo to 5.1, I only get stereo.

I was looking for a place where I could set the Windows audio to output to SPDIF but didn't find any.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
406 Posts
what are you trying to do? your intentions are not clear. there is really no advantage to trying to do analog and spdif at the same time.

if you want everything to go through the spdif setting, set the revo control panel to digital. you might also want to set the speaker properties in the windows control panel > sound and audio devices to 2 speaker (might not matter though). there should be no issue with windows audio going through the spdif (i'm listening to it right now on mine)

if you want everything going through the analog devices, make sure to set the windows control panel option to 5.1, then set the revo control panel to a 5.1 setting as well. windows audio (assuming by this you mean beeps, sounds, etc) will go through the analog outputs, but they are probably just stereo signals anyway.

if you mean windows audio as in multichannel wma files, such as those on T2 or the demos online, then those have to be played over the analog connections - sending them over spdif will result in stereo only

when you say ' i only get stereo', are you talking about dvd playback? if so, make sure that you have a windvd version that can do software decoding of dd and dts, and that the settings in windvd are set for 6 channel for audio if you want to send them through the analog signals. otherwise, just check 'spdif' output and set everything to spdif or 2 channels.

k

·
Registered
674 Posts
if you want windows to use the spdif output go to the control panel of the revo and put it in DIGITAL, and everything should work fine

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help guys! I disconnected the analog output and found the digital setting in the maudio mixer and I'm getting audio from the SPDIF.

One problem still remains. Under the maudio mixer, you can test that signal is coming out of each speaker. I only get, front right, front left, and center. Rear left and Rear right come out of the front as well. Any clues here?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.