AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PN50C550

I have a couple quick questions, thanks in advance for any help.

I have read a lot about break in periods on the plasmas, and have made some adjustments to the settings (Contrast below 50, Brightness below 40, sharpness below 20). I have found no mention of "Cell Light" settings, and don't really even know what that is. It obviously has an effect on the brightness of the picture, am I correct in assuming this should be kept fairly low early on?

If anyone else has this TV and has some settings that you are using, would you be willing to share?

Also, is hooking up a PS3 to a plasma a no-no? I played for a while last night and noticed some ghosting, but I had all the settings much higher than I do now. This is a big thing for me as I will use the set for gaming probably 25% of the time.

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. a relative has the first generation of this model, the "A550" in size 50". They began at "8" for first couple hundred along with 'moderate' contrast & brightness settings, as I had suggested. On the "A550" Owner's thread, a frequent visitor & calibrator, Doug Blackburn, states he sets the Cell at 10 prior to calibration. This is of course after set has acquired at least a couple hundred hours of use. Would set to "8" to start off & then move up as set hours build.

Regarding final settings, you can search the Forum; would imagine the "B" model is not much diff. than the "C", so I'd find some from that model & try out. Many have minor adjustments, even then, after they find some. We all adjust to what suits our taste.

Yes, you can connect a PS3; again, my relative's have theirs connected & works fine. They don't play any games, just Blu-ray. I would 'temper' your game play for the first couple hundred hours, gradually building on time later .. maybe a hour or so to start with. Even then, you may encounter some IR, especially on "static images" (HUD's, etc), which can be a problem during the first hours of use.

Add: try these out for pn50b550 once you've got some hours on your unit: http://www.tweaktv.com/tweak-my-tv/c...n50b550-4.html

** the contrast seems alittle high; would try something a/r 87 for this setting. also, during some break-in period, would set contrast a/r 70-75 and brightness a/r 40-45; lower color to ~40 also. You'll find similiar suggestions thru-out this Forum for your model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts