AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much says it all. Being on a pretty tight budget and only starting to dip my toes in this matter, I am not (for the time being, at least) looking to buy extra hardware like the X-Rite Display 2 or others that might be needed. Some very cheap and easy to use software to guide setup or even straight-up settings recommendations (like I once found for my previous Samsung UN32F5000 that worked great) would be perfect, but I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
I1d3 or colormunki display with free hcfr software is your best bet. total cost $150 to $200 dollars.

Reactions: Iamtheño

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not all that cheaper than an X-Rite Display 2. Like I said, more hardware and the extra expenditure it entails is not really an option in the near future for me. HCFR, however, sounds very interesting. I'll have a look at this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...e-projector-display-calibration-software.html

And see what is it about.
If you want to calibrate greyscale and color you have to have a meter no way around it, the i1d3 or color munki display are much better meters than the display 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts