AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read plenty of reviews that Monitor 70 speakers have great bass without a sub woofer but I have yet to hear said bass...does the bass improve over time? Maybe I need a stronger receiver (I have a 100 watt per channel)??

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My receiver sounds very flat when im in certin sound modes. Its only when i change to a music mode or even use it in stereo it seems to really fatten up.

I think the idea is to let the surround track in the movie dictate how bass heavy the sound is.

Also when i listen to music i set my speakers to large so they get the full range of sound.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santapimp27 /forum/post/18307680

great bass from a floorstander is not like great bass from a sub. a floorstander is not going to shake your room

Will have to agree. For me, floorstanding speakers alone just don't cut it as far as bass is concern. I need subwoofers.

·
Registered
672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 /forum/post/18307785

Also when i listen to music i set my speakers to large so they get the full range of sound.

Well there's your problem. If you don't have a sub, the speakers should always be set to Large. Otherwise your receiver thinks there's a sub.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs /forum/post/18308506

Check your receiver settings? Their bass is pretty good but for HT especially no substitute for a subwoofer.

Ron

Agree'd. Make sure your AVR is squared away, let the speakers break in for a little bit, and then see if you need to change your speaker and/or seating position. You won't get twin 15" subwoofer bass, but they shouldn't be like anemic bookshelfs either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts