AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got it from sears, but need to pick it up tomorrow due to rain and I have a pick up. I am finally joining the plasma crowd. I have a dlp, lcd, epson home cinema 1080 pj and now a plasma. Had to replace my panny dlp since my warranty ran out and there is something wrong with the power. Is really necessary to break in the tv for 100 hours before watching anything else.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumala /forum/post/15445087

just got it from sears, but need to pick it up tomorrow due to rain and I have a pick up. I am finally joining the plasma crowd. I have a dlp, lcd, epson home cinema 1080 pj and now a plasma. Had to replace my panny dlp since my warranty ran out and there is something wrong with the power. Is really necessary to break in the tv for 100 hours before watching anything else.

Some will say yes but just switch to cinema mode turn the picture(contast) setting down to below 70 and watch tv and dvd's with screen filled with no side or upper bars or tickers from stocks or sports score for to long.about every couple of hours I would change the menu picture settings up or down just to mix it up and I have yet to see any signs of IR or Burn in,might as well enjoy it for the first 100 or so hours. But believe who you want and do as you will.

·
Registered
488 Posts
you can "break-in" the tv during the first 100 hours by watching it. Just make sure SD programing is stretched so that it covers the entire screen.

Look at the first post of the owners thread...it contains some good links.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
picked up my set yesterday and I just love the picture on this tv. hd is unreal, blueray is spectacular and games look great. Won't be playing much games on this set til it breaks in. I am using the settings found in the user thread and going zoom to eliminate the bars. but couldn't be more happier with this set. Wish I could have gotten a bigger set but on a budget and this one was it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
i used to own a 42" 9G panny, and it was a great set. enjoy!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspinning /forum/post/15457398

i just bought the 42 today too! i had to buy online as i don't own an auto large enough for this to fit, and local retailers were expensive, congrats, great choice!

congrats to you too. saved my money and waited for the right time, I also had a 150 gift card from sears as well, so got it for a great price. Wanted the 46, but beyond my budget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.