AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 50 ST was wondering if should dole out more cash and go to 60 or 65. It was a great buy but did not come with glasses or should it of. A 60 would be 600 more.

on 3d is a 60 way better than a 50? what about heat? the 50 was for a bedroom but was thinking of putting a 60 in living room and moving 52 Sammie 650 to bedroom.

What about the problem with the color fluctuating on these sets? thankyou alot!

have not picked up yett.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I could not even look at the 3d picture on these units because the demo glasses were broken at BB. I bought it for 2d but will buy bigger if big works alot better on 3D look. i am going to pick up in less than a hour.

So please reply almighty plasma guru's!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right,I bought for the 2d and the salesman told me the 3D units produced better 2D than the 2 D units. I am a sucker did they get me?
. I did not want to tear into it until I got some feed back but did and I am going to compare it to my Sammie 650 LCD which I love. Day time viewing will not factor in my decision because I know the 650 LCD has the edge there but the ST30 50 on demo really looked good in 2D.

What do you recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I watched it last night and for night viewing and when signal was good the picture is way better than the LCD in many way's. Have pannies plasis come a long way since 08 or did I buy not such great TV's in 08. I bought PZu 85"s and the Sammie LCD 650 is better overall but this ST 30 has much better defined chisseled lines 3 Demensional look over offerings of 08 except for Kuro I guess.

What is it about the Pioneer's were they really that good and ahead of the game?

The colors are way more realistic over my LCD,much much better but some times they wash the lines on certain content if content is poor quality that is where I think the LCD is better.

How much better is a VT? or a better quality set of some type say 65, I could get the bug and move up. Thankyou all for replies.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww /forum/post/20821004

I bought a 50 ST was wondering if should dole out more cash and go to 60 or 65. It was a great buy but did not come with glasses or should it of. A 60 would be 600 more.

on 3d is a 60 way better than a 50? what about heat? the 50 was for a bedroom but was thinking of putting a 60 in living room and moving 52 Sammie 650 to bedroom.

What about the problem with the color fluctuating on these sets? thankyou alot!

have not picked up yett.

I bought the GT25 3D 50" back in Feb. for the living room and it's just to small IMHO for 3D viewing. So I just purchased the ST30 60" 3D TV and it's a huge difference due to size. I moved the 50" 3D Panny in the Kitchen since I have a 50" Panny in the bedroom.

Glad I went bigger! If you can afford the 60" do it. You won't regret it at all!

It was funny because last week my wife was looking at the GT25 50" panny and said it looks to small why not get a 60".. LOL don't have to tell me twice!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a 60, when I went to pick up the 50 I swapped for a 60, That is what I thought for 3D you need at least a 60 but this thing is hot. How does the ST 60 compare to GT 50 i picture?..Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.