AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the h31, I was wondering what a good dvd player under 250.00 would be for this pj. I am also wondering what cables I will need to play normal tv in 85 inches for the football games.. Very excited I finally bought one! Although I am in need of some help with extras.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
What cables you get depends on what you're using for the TV tuner (STB - cable, satellite, OTA). You want component as a minimum, VGA cable or HDMI cable would be better. I'm using a VGA (actually an SVGA cable - HD15 style) to a RGBHV (BNC connectors) adapter from my DirecTV STB. That works great for football, auto races, etc. I then have my HDMI input (I don't have the H31, I have the MT700) free for watching DVDs from my PC or an upconverting DVD player.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have access to a satellite or hdtv tuner, so I will just be using regular over the air television. I am wondering if there are certain components to help with a better overall ota signal. and would it go something like this?

Reg. tv ----------->svga -------------> projector?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Talk to CMRA about dvd players, he is really into them and he's searching for the right one with the H31 but has found some very good players... look in the thread, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=542568 , CMRA talks a little in that one, but just pm him and he'll help you out alot... and for your tv, you will end up probably using svideo, since it's kinda pointless to use component or vga over regular air tv... but if you can use svideo over composit...

Arty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.