AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have an Onkyo Ht-S3500 and upgraded everything but the woofer, newegg was having a good sale on this woofer so I jumped on it.

My concern is, I'm not sure how to hook it up. It has RCA connections that my receiver does not have for the woofer (mine only has +/- speaker wire ports).

I read around you can connect the speaker wire sub out from the receiver to either the left + or - (I could be wrong) and you will be fine. I also read something about a 'y' cable?

Could anyone give me some reassurance as to how this will work? Thank you!!!

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Just the the Onkyo's speaker spring clips to the Polk spring clip inputs, using speaker cable. Job done. Doesn't matter left or right on the Polk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom  /t/1513766/just-bought-the-polk-psw10-sort-of-worried-about-the-hookup#post_24258144

Just the the Onkyo's speaker spring clips to the Polk spring clip inputs, using speaker cable. Job done. Doesn't matter left or right on the Polk.

Great! I just want to make sure im on the same page as you.

Sub out from my receiver to either the left or right +/- INPUT on the back of the sub?

I also read that you can hook up the speakers to the sub then out and back into the receiver. I would imagine directly to the receiver is the best bet?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Receiver L+R speaker out to PSW10 speaker L+R in, then PSW10 speaker L+R out on to speakers. All speaker wire, no splitters, y-cables, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts