AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the sony kdl46v2500 today and i have minor backlight bleeding on the two upper corners of the set...i'm just wondering if this is normal or i should be worried? i know there are threads already started on the "cloudiness" issue but i would just like some input on this specific subject. thank you to anyone who responds

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
lower the backlight of the TV & it will be less noticeable.

Just as long as it is not major, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

One fix people found, was to tape those PC CPU fans to the TVs vents, it kinda helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well today when i got home i was nervous....i mean i just dropped 1800 on a tv and it might have a problem...it is less noticable today than yesterday. in addittion it looks as if in the upper right hand corner somebody had squeezed the screen just a little bit. i'm hoping that the screen may settle and this "cloud" will go away. plus i read about all the clouding problems of this tv on this forum and my OCD took over and i went looking for them. i think if i would have never known about the "clouds" i would have never noticed anything and could of lived happily ever after (stupid AVS forum, lol). it would be hard to part with this set because of a very very very mild clouding, which it seems most lcds would have anyways, because of the vibrant and rich picture it does produce. plus the manufacter date of this tv is oct. 2007 which is way later than the complaints about clouding. thanks for your response and i apologize about my lengthy response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts