AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I bought the panny ct30wx15 open box for $670 and samsung dvd-hd850 and I also bought Jet-li HERO..Anyhow why are there still black bars on the screen? Even though I have the player and tv set to 16:9..Also is it the dvd(hero) or the tv or dvd player that has bad pq, or not bad but rather not "spectacular" I have it connected via hdmi and have messed with the settings and I don't think the pq is awesome...It's kind of grainy imo..

Please help, thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDA2k3
..Anyhow why are there still black bars on the screen? Even though I have the player and tv set to 16:9..Also is it the dvd(hero) or the tv or dvd player that has bad pq, or not bad but rather not "spectacular" I have it connected via hdmi and have messed with the settings and I don't think the pq is awesome...It's kind of grainy imo..

Please help, thanks!
Hi there! Regarding black bars, just as it has been mentioned in previous postings you have to look at the view mode format at your DVD box. If your movie is in 1.85:1 ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN format then there will be NO bars. Other formats like 2.35:1 will give you those bars even if you set your DVD at 16:9. Unfortunately not all movies are in 1.85:1 format. BTW I also have Samsung HD850 and have HDMI connection to my Vizio L32 LCD HDTV. I wouldn't say that I'm extremely impressed with the PQ comparing with 1080i HD programming from cable box even with Y,Pb,Pr component connection :( Here what I can suggest. Set the HDMI output (the button "HDMI SEL." on your remote) to 720p. This output will give you closest format to your native TV's resolution unless your TV has 1920x1080 native resolution, so your closest match in this case will be 1080i out from your HDMI. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.