AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST BOUGHT INFOCUS LP350 [actually boxlight 555m samething] I NOTESTD SOME OF YOU HAD COOLING PROBLINGS,IE; BLOWN BUBLS EARLY. NEED ADVICE ON MAKING A COOLING UNIT. WOULD THIS HELP? ANY ADVICE ON ANY SUBJECT ON THIS UNIT [INFOCUS] WOULD BE GREATLY APPEATED. ALLSO HAS ANYONE USED FLD FILTER HOW DOES THIS HELP. ANY SIDEFFECTS?

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
As a former owner of this projector, I would also recommend that you do some research on this forum and think about reconsidering your choice if possible.

I had built a cooling/remote switch setup for mine which worked out well for the time I used it. I got up to around 500 hours on the bulb with this cooling fan but got rid of the projector before it had a chance to prove itself helpful or not.

Check it out at:

http://www.richat.com:81/~mhamel/pfans/

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have a CD555 and have never had a problem with it after a year of heavy use. I think this blown bulb problem could have to do with enviroment. How cool is the room the machine is in? My theater is in a basement which is naturally air conditioned.

Perhaps you should turn the heat off in your theater. The projector will keep you warm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Actually, the environment was pretty good. It was always run with the room well air-conditioned in the summer and the room was rarely over 65 degrees in the winter.

There have been a lot of people with this problem with the lp350/cd555m it wasn't just 1 or 2. The projector did run noticeably cooler with the additional fans that I had set up, but I upgraded to a new projector before I got the chance to see if it made a difference in bulb life.

-Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.