AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Good: ****ing awesome and ****ing fun. This game is going to be huge.

The Bad: The voice acting is some of the worst I've heard in recent years for a video game (and it's not even laughable bad--it's just bad). However, if this is a turn off for you then you would be missing the point of the game. Just don't even put that much stock into the quality of the it or the story. It's not important. You can't expect that stuff to be even passability good. Its awful, and that's just fine by me. This game doesnt need any of that to be valid though. In GTA, sure, it was great because it was such a grounded and story driven video game, but JC2 basically dumps you into a channel of islands with a parachute, a gapple hook and some guns and says 'have at it kid'.

That's it.

This game is--at its heart--a game. It's a hand full of a Jacks. It's a bat, a baseball and a glove. It's a set of Legos to make with what you will. I havent even played the full game and I can tell you that it's not a video game with a narrative that's going to be compelling in any way, and I couldnt care less about why I'm there, or who needs liberated.

I just want to go crazy in that game. I want to grapple onto airplanes, hijack them, fly up to the highest point in the game, jump out, free fall at 90MPH until the last 100 feet, pull out my guns and blow a bunch of **** up underneath me while I rack up chaos points while wearing my cheesy-ass leathers and slicked back hair. That's all I expect out of this game and you should too.

The controls are a little wonky at first, but by the second time I played the demo it was fine.

Very excited for this game!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm going to check it out tonight. Sometimes mindless chaos is good for the soul.

Is that your vid?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliDog /forum/post/18255995

I'm going to check it out tonight. Sometimes mindless chaos is good for the soul.

Is that your vid?

No no, I grabbed it because I did that very thing. It's so much fun.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i really liked the first one, i didnt know this demo was out, i'm gonna have to download it.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
The demo is great and for anyone that doesn't know complete the area you land at first before you venture out because once you hit the invisible walls your 30 minutes starts.

·
Registered
424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/18258162

The demo is great and for anyone that doesn't know complete the area you land at first before you venture out because once you hit the invisible walls your 30 minutes starts.

A work-around for the timer has apparently been found here;
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=102346

Well I am totally surprised how much fun I have playing this demo, I read the demo area alone is 35 sq. miles & if you zoom out on the map you'll get an idea of just how large this sandbox is.

In one run I managed to grapple-hook from my airplane onto an attack chopper that was shooting at me, shot the gunner in the face, beat-up the pilot, took the chopper then got hit by a SAM, purposely crashed the chopper into a fuel depot parachuting out at the last second. Then I grapple-hooked a statue of the president to an enemy moving jeep and that pulled down the statue. By this time I had so many people shooting at me I used the "grapple the propane tank getaway" shown on the OP's video.

The fact that there's no multiplayer hurts quite a bit but I just might have to get this game anyway, it's so much fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts