AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 2nd trinity to add to my setup but can't find anyone. If you have any ideas let me know, thanks

·
Registered
8,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila  /t/1485544/just-finished-bedroom-setup-with-trinity-subwoofer#post_23617916

I'm looking for a 2nd trinity to add to my setup but can't find anyone. If you have any ideas let me know, thanks

Keep checking Audiogon and also post in the "Help Wanted/Seeking" section of this Forum. Scroll way down to find that section.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks spyboy, I posted a wanted ad on audiogon. Well I hope I find another one because when I do I'm snatching it up!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

Quote:
I'm looking for a 2nd trinity to add to my setup

You are a real braveheart
This demands a close mic FR of trinity

Reactions: steve nn

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
OP... not to offend you in any manner whatsoever, you should try n look at the ID subs. If you are ready to churn out that kind of money on Trinity, better do some comparison with ID big boys.

There is a reason why I asked for an FR of Trinity. You may be surprised by the real-world response compared to the stated one. So, hold your horses a bit.....

Just a thought.

Edit: Why do you want another trinity?? What has kick-spurred the thought??

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I've been pushing this trinity hard for 3 months now and it's so powerful and surprisingly clean I've fell in love with this model. I mean the entire foundation of the house all the way to the outside driveway shakes, it's awesome! They are getting hard to find so I just want to grab a 2nd one just in case I won't have a chance to find one in the future. I paid $1800 for the first one and for the price I can't imagine finding something that would compete with this 180lb monster.
if there is something else I'm very interested, I'm new to home audio and this is all I could find after searching all the time online. So what all out there do you think might be another choice? I'm interested to know

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another reason I want another one is because I'm getting into this home audio stuff and I'm really liking it. I mean I want my setup to sound intense when I watch bluerays, or music or xbox360 and I feel like im almost there. Some people have come over and it's already too much for them but I guess my tastes are a little more extreme per say

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

Quote:
I'm new to home audio and this is all I could find after searching all the time online.

Ok I get it now. Well to be honest, IMO you are late to the party but it is never too late. Are you sure you are hearing trinity loud and "CLEAN"? Ground shaking response is what you must be right about; but CLEAN.....I doubt.

My SC Reference is collecting dust in the store room. I paid $1800 for it and stashed it away with its horrible response. When somebody says "loud and clean", only one thought comes to my mind, at least, and that is the ULF region (30Hz and below). For that kind of money SVS, Rhythmik Audio, PSA are known and proven war heroes. I mean if I were you and lived in U.S., I'd go for dual Rhythmik FV15HP or SVS PB-13 Ultra. I don't think you are hearing clean sub 30Hz response from trinity.

I'd reckon you audition the ID big boys in your room. SVS offers 45 days' return with full refund and no questions asked policy. Try the PB-13 Ultra for $1999 free shipping. You might be surprised with what CLEAN bass is. Dual SVS PB-13 Ultra or Dual Rythmik FV15HP are heck of a brute and CLEAN force to reckon with, provided they are APPROPRIATELY dialled and integrated in your listening space.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I'm going to research those other sub models you listed! Yeah I agree that the trinity might not be the cleanest out there but so far for movies it seems to be awesome. Now I will say that sometimes it can get boomy but most of the time it stays tight and clean just not all the time. I guess the power is what I really like but I wouldn't mind keeping it as clean as possible. I'm going to take your advice and look into these other models before I get another trinity, thanks bro!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man I just saw what I want, a PSA Triax!! Dude how do I get one, is it even out?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila  /t/1485544/just-finished-bedroom-setup-with-trinity-subwoofer#post_23619321

Man I just saw what I want, a PSA Triax!! Dude how do I get one, is it even out?

LOL

Sounds like you need to be looking at the Seaton Submersive and JTR Captivator. Those are available

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man I'm glad you guys gave me other ideas, I like that jtr captivator 2400. I wonder what would pair good with this trinity? A Triax, captivator 2400, or maybe something else? It's hard to decide but I really want to order something this week. Help me decide

·
Registered
14,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1485544/just-finished-bedroom-setup-with-trinity-subwoofer#post_23619378

LOL

Sounds like you need to be looking at the Seaton Submersive and JTR Captivator. Those are available
Actually the captivator is a couple months behind from what I read in the Cap thread...The Triax will out at the end of this month.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good looking out basshead, well for starters I'm going to call psa tomorrow and see if I order me a Triax, I mean a trinity paired with a Triax should be intense!!

·
Registered
319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila  /t/1485544/just-finished-bedroom-setup-with-trinity-subwoofer#post_23619552

Good looking out basshead, well for starters I'm going to call psa tomorrow and see if I order me a Triax, I mean a trinity paired with a Triax should be intense!!

I upgraded from a XV30F to a Triax yesterday. At that point Tom told me that he only had 4 unaccounted Triax drivers left in the initial shipment. So you may be waiting a bit longer if somebody else hasn't claimed the remaining 4 and assuming none get damaged during shipment, etc

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

Quote:
Man I'm glad you guys gave me other ideas, I like that jtr captivator 2400. I wonder what would pair good with this trinity? A Triax, captivator 2400, or maybe something else? It's hard to decide but I really want to order something this week. Help me decide eek.gif

I think you still refuse to read between the lines
. All this preamble was there to tear you away from Trinity. You really gotta audition some ID big boys to put things in the right perspective. What exactly is your budget and how big is your room?

If you audition the flagships from JTR, Seaton, Rythmik, SVS, PSA; you may want to sell your trinity.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila  /t/1485544/just-finished-bedroom-setup-with-trinity-subwoofer#post_23619552

Bro.. You might wanna look into some kind of sub EQ. Especially if your gonna use to different type of subs together..

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me measure it, ok it's 30 ft long and 17 ft wide. Right now my budget is $3500 for a 2nd subwoofer, but if that's enough I can just wait till my next payday and add more.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I met if $3500 is not enough I can put more from my next pay day

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm glad your helping me because I really want to make a good choice. Just so I can understand right, even though the trinity is powerful is it not the best choice because its not clean enough? Just wondering what makes the other choices better, sorry I can't go off test results because its a foreign language to me lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts