AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the people who say they can't build a theater in their apartment, I have only this to show:

We finished up his living room last night. Baher "hunter green" walls, mahogany screen frame, and flat light gray paint as the screen. It's fantastic. We wall mounted five Acoustic Research satellite speakers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any sound proofing? I am moving into a new apartment in May (with a new job and a very large pay increase) and am going to have a dedicated room for my theater (although it won't be true theater as the project might have to wait a year) but was curious if you did any sound proof? That is the one thing I am worried about.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Sexy /forum/post/0

Any sound proofing? I am moving into a new apartment in May (with a new job and a very large pay increase) and am going to have a dedicated room for my theater (although it won't be true theater as the project might have to wait a year) but was curious if you did any sound proof? That is the one thing I am worried about.

I backed the speaker mounts with insulation in order to dampen vibrational coupling. The sub is sitting on carpet spikes to isolate it as well. So far no one has complained.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy_mpls /forum/post/0

I was under the impression that carpet spikes do the opposite from isolating it. They provide a direct path for the sound/energy to the floor under the sub. But im no expert...and if it works for you, then geat!

Good point. I use an Auralex sub dude, I'll advise him to order one as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.