AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the picture quality but iPhone was the best I could do. I went with 1/4" plywood as a backing and rolled the DW on with Wilsonart glue like you would on countertops. We chose to glue the velvet on with the same glue instead of staples. We made a frame inside of a frame basically. One frame for the screen and another for the outside and screwed it on from the back so I could enlarge the screen later if needed. I think it came out great and the picture quality is way better than in a picture of the images!

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,894 Posts
That's a great looking example of how good looking something like putting a really sizable image over a Fireplace can be.

It's one of my favorite projects as well, because it does in fact bring the "Big Picture" into the Family Room at a budget anyone can afford.

This is an example of a 85" Thrifty White Hardboard Screen with SF v1 2.0 applied.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan /forum/post/0

That's a great looking example of how good looking something like putting a really sizable image over a Fireplace can be.

It's one of my favorite projects as well, because it does in fact bring the "Big Picture" into the Family Room at a budget anyone can afford.

This is an example of a 85" Thrifty White Hardboard Screen with SF v1 2.0 applied.

How did you get that picture demo? The video feed you are using is a picture quality demo for Sony led sets. How'd you get that in home?

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 /forum/post/20791714

How did you get that picture demo? The video feed you are using is a picture quality demo for Sony led sets. How'd you get that in home?

I get around so I have my sources.
I have lot'sa similar content...Dolby/DTS/Panasonic/Pioneer...etc. I use them (...and sometimes procure them...) at Trade shows and the like.It helps to have friends in high places.

That particular DVD has some pretty far out visuals.

Waddya think about Moutonja's project? Pretty well done, yes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I couldn't of done it without my friend Jay and his dad. They build cabinets and exhibits for companies.

All because of this site and it's members it is possible to create masterpieces!

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan
I get around so I have my sources.
I have lot'sa similar content...Dolby/DTS/Panasonic/Pioneer...etc. I use them (...and sometimes procure them...) at Trade shows and the like.It helps to have friends in high places.

That particular DVD has some pretty far out visuals.

Waddya think about Moutonja's project? Pretty well done, yes?
Hmm. I could easily get em from best buy lol. It's just rare to see others with demos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts