1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
lol for a second there (I didn't read any of it) I thought you were going to use that small little TV for your main monitor...glad to see you got a Front Projector ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry folks, I wasn't aware Geocities had a bandwidth limit on a personal webpage. What a crock. the fault says to check back in an hour,,, whatever that has to do with it. I guess if too many people look at the page within a given amount of time then they shut it off for awhile so the "paying" websites will have more bandwidth. Keep trying it's worth a look because I used a concealed garage door opener to move my standard TV in and out of the viewing area!!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I forgot to say I thought it looked good....while it was up...Geocities probably only allows like 100 MBs of bandwith...maybe make your pictures smaller in file-size....

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
still not working...tried to view just now.

brickie

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK I have to run some errands and I'll get right on it. Have it all in tonight, sorry folks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Super...........looks GREAT! Did you do all the work yourself? Another question.....are you using the 2 Cerwin Vega's as center channels? If so...how are you running both? Thanks..:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
"Hero"

GREAT, INGENIUS and shall I say... ORIGINAL!!!

You should be proud!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Almost made it thorough the pics before the bandwidth gave out!

But from what I saw, I've got to hand it to you - you are one crazy man. Got to admire that in a fellow enthusiast!

Randy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK It's done, I got all the pictures uploaded to my members gallery here at AVS. How to use a garage door opener in a Home Theater! Sounds silly I know but it works,WELL. Keep in mind I have the worlds crapiest digital camera, it looks so good the pictures are a dissapointment to me. Be sure and click on the sort by name so they'll be in order. Each pic has a brief description. Yes guys I'm crazy enough to do it all myself!! you ought to see some of the other original stuff I've built. But my bandwidth is lacking. I need a domain!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HTJunkie, the Cerwin Vegas are rated at 255 watts each but the Kenwood amp is maybe 45watts per side, it's a stereo amp. It's an older amp but it still rocks! Also I have a Logitec 5.1 pro Media speaker setup that has an awesome powered subwoofer too. So out of the sound card that I have configured for 5.1. I have 3 jacks that go to the Logitec setup for front, rear, and sub. In the sub jack on the sound card I used a Y adapter so one would still go to the Logitec sub and the other I plugged in yet another adapter to convert to RCA and ran that to the Kenwood that powers the Cerwin Vegas. So I just adjust the Kenwood volume via remote to match that of the Logitec speakers then control the volume of them all with the mouse or keyboard. I put the Logitec sub behind the couch so you have a killer rumble in the pants. I'm happy with the sound setup for now, sure there are high dollar outfits out there but this is enough to shake the windows so why spend the extra cash? I really like hearing the bullets flying left to right in Windtalkers!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.