AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So after watching the episode twice! Tons of really good info on what why and how!

Now after reading here i see a'lot of people say different or that the wall is enough reflection etc.

I'm picking up today some Ownes 703 and 705 for traps and absorption.  But now looking if i need to add diffusion or not?

By his guide you want 2d before seating area and 3d behind.  Is this still the standard we go by?

20% Absorption 

25% Diffusion

Thanks guys as this can get expensive want to make sure i'm heading in the right direction!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Adkins  /t/1523293/just-finished-watch-home...o-now-how-does-this-apply-to-me#post_24502985

So after watching the episode twice! Tons of really good info on what why and how!

I don't have an hour to watch all that, but Anthony Grimani is pretty good so I'll take your word for it. Yes, room acoustics are more important than pretty much anything else.
Quote:
But now looking if i need to add diffusion or not?

Since you didn't give the size of your room, or any other information, I can't even guess as to how to advise you. I can point you to these articles and videos:

Acoustic Basics
How To Set Up A Room
All About Diffusion
Hearing is Believing

--Ethan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer  /t/1523293/just-finished-watch-home...o-now-how-does-this-apply-to-me#post_24503953

I don't have an hour to watch all that, but Anthony Grimani is pretty good so I'll take your word for it. Yes, room acoustics are more important than pretty much anything else.

Since you didn't give the size of your room, or any other information, I can't even guess as to how to advise you. I can point you to these articles and videos:

Acoustic Basics
How To Set Up A Room
All About Diffusion
Hearing is Believing

--Ethan

Sorry Room size was in my SIG.  BUt anyways its 9x22  Would really like to make the room sound bigger!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Adkins  /t/1523293/just-finished-watch-home...o-now-how-does-this-apply-to-me#post_24504039

Sorry Room size was in my SIG.

LOL, I totally missed that.

Diffusion is the key to making a room sound larger. It will never sound like a huge space, but you probably don't want that anyway. At 22 feet long, that's enough to benefit from diffusion.

--Ethan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts