AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was wondering, just for fun, what the viewing distances for Panasonic's large TVs would be..

The 85", 103" and the 152"(4K)...

And, especially with the 103" and more-so the 152"(4K) - don't you have to sit so far back that you are pretty much defeating the purpose of having the larger screen - for home theater use anyway...

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV  /t/1499865/just-for-fun-viewing-distances-for-panasonic-85-103-and-152-tvs#post_23955180

I was wondering, just for fun, what the viewing distances for Panasonic's large TVs would be..

The 85", 103" and the 152"(4K)...

And, especially with the 103" and more-so the 152"(4K) - don't you have to sit so far back that you are pretty much defeating the purpose of having the larger screen - for home theater use anyway...

two things.

first, the point of a larger screen is to fit a larger room with a longer viewing distance.

second, the point of higher resolution is to allow you to sit closer to the same size display, thus increasing the field of view.

I would imagine the viewing distance of the 103" 1080p tv and 152" 4k tv would be the same.

I use a 120" screen with my projector, and I sit about 12-13 feet back from it. but what's nice about the bigger screen is that more ppl can sit close to the ideal position. 2 or 3 ppl can be sitting in the 'middle' of the screen, vs only 1 on something smaller.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Vendor
32,153 Posts
Panasonic usually, but not always requires a sight survey to make sure your unit can even get to the said location in your home because it is so big and heavy. Then they will check power and structure issues for connection and wall mounting. They are big, they are HEAVY, and they will suck the go go juice

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV  /t/1499865/just-for-fun-viewing-distances-for-panasonic-85-103-and-152-tvs#post_23957083

Hey, thanks for the link!

But, I don't think this is for TVs - I think this is for projectors...?

And I don't think it accounts for 4K either...?

doesn't matter. it's the same recommendations either way.

you are right, 4k would have it's own set of guidelines

found this on google in about 10seconds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts