AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I will use the PC I am building is for DVD playback and DScaler, and recording with WinDVR. What is the minimum AMD CPU that I will need, assuming that I am using Asus A7N266-VM motherboard?

Thanks

Gireesh

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just finished a build with an Abit NV7-133R nForce 415 board and an XP 1600+. I'm still tweaking, but I did test DScaler 4 Alpha with all of the filters on, and didn't get any dropped frames. The only time I dropped frames was when I tried recording stuff with DScaler, which I tried just to see what would happen.

So for DVD and DScaler, my nForce, XP1600+ combo works great and I have no problems recommending it. I've never used winDVR before so I can't comment.

Hope this helps,

Tony

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Gireesh-

I use a P3 450 and it can handle Greedy High Motion which works very well for tv sources. I can also use the temporal noise filter and still maintain full framerate. A 350 could probably handle GHM if you didn't use any extra filters. Tomsmocomp needs at least a 1ghz.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jesse S
Gireesh-

I use a P3 450 and it can handle Greedy High Motion which works very well for tv sources. I can also use the temporal noise filter and still maintain full framerate. A 350 could probably handle GHM if you didn't use any extra filters. Tomsmocomp needs at least a 1ghz.
Do you have any other recommendations on settings for tv source? The computer in my daughter's room also doubles as her tv so I'm playing with dscaler to hone my skills for my HTPC when I get my pj :). Her comp is a 1.2 ghz athalon and tomsmocomp works well for most channels except for sports, such as b-ball on espn. I tried the GHM and this works much better. Curious on what other settings you might think would be helpful to go along with GHM to give best pq. I have so little understanding of the settings in dscaler its sad :)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.